Sunday, August 27, 2006

Nothing in particular

I'm listening to the new song out by Keith Urban. It makes me dance in my chair. I LOVE IT! His new CD comes out November 7th. I only have hopes that my favorite ex-DJ, turned office person, would be able to get me it sooner. (Wink-Wink) If you haven't heard it and want to listen to it, go to www.keithurban.net/main/index.htm and click on Listen to Once In A Lifetime.

I have so many things to talk about yet none of them tie in to each other. Let the ramblings begin.

I'm thankful to have a husband who loves his family so much. Today he took the kids to Prairie Village. It was all his idea to do so - which makes me very happy. He's taken Nathan to parades and such just because he knows that Natey would enjoy it. I love simple things like that.

I've been told MANY times that I'm a forward person. I don't know when or where this came from. I don't remember being like this in high school. Maybe I was and I thought it was just me being a bitch. I don't know. I don't like the title though. I don't really want to be so forward. I try not to be, but I know I am. Have I always been? Go ahead, comment. I'm asking.

Do you have TiVo or DVR at your house? I'm not sure how we went so long without it. If you've ever had it in your house, I'm not sure how you'd go back to not using it. When I'm at work, I find myself reaching for the pause on the remote - which isn't there. I'm MUCH more of a TV junkie because of it though. This way I catch everything I want to see AND the things I think I might want to see. It is odd that my kids will only know TV this way. I think of that type of thing all the time. They'll always have TV in the car (DVD player). I couldn't have imagined such things when I was a child.

I've only gained 11 pounds so far this pregnancy. I guess I'm right on track as to where I was when I was pregnant with Claire. I'd gained 13 pounds at this point with her. It's odd that 11 pounds looks like - THIS.

Nathan would like to know who the parents are of this baby that I'm carrying. I tried to explain to him that I was the mommy and Justin was the daddy. He wasn't buying it. I think the problem he has is that this baby is in my belly all by itself and we all know that babies can't be alone. He told me last week that he wasn't going to play with this baby. He just plans to play with Claire. He'll play with this baby 'later', but not right away. I told him it was fine because the baby wouldn't do much but eat, cry, and potty when he's born. He thought that was pretty funny for some reason.

THE KIDS START SCHOOL TOMORROW! For some reason it seems like a bigger deal to me this year and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm used to having Nathan all to myself this summer. I'll be fine, really I will. (Don't call me tomorrow around noon because I'll be bawling my head off.) I'll be fine, really I will. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My darling Ker, of course you are a very forward person...but yet I've known that for how many years now?!? Um...11...WOWZA!! But we love you anyway!! I will call and check on you tomorrow although I am sure you'll be okay. Really you will! Just think...this time next year we'll both be a mess!!! Our babies will be in KINDERGARTEN!!!! YIKES!!!

Love ya,

Trac