Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Update on Claire

Justin sent me a text message this morning shortly before 8 telling me that Claire had a fever. I called the doctor in Sioux Falls and they could see us at 9:15. I rushed home, picked up Claire, and she and I were off to Sioux Falls.

Poor little thing was just on fire. I didn't have time to take her temp., but by the time we saw the doctor her fever was gone. It turns out she has a double ear infection and some congestion in her chest that we need to watch. She was given a prescription which we started right away. Her fever hasn't been back, thank goodness, and she seems to be feeling better. She's still very tried. She took a 3 hour nap today, plus she slept all the way home from Sioux Falls this morning.

Hopefully she's on the mend now. When I got to the doctors office I figured that I over reacted and wished that I was in bed - not the doctors office. However, the doctor said "It's a very good thing you brought her in today. Her ears are pretty infected. I'm glad we saw her." It made me feel TONS better to hear her say that.

I didn't get to sleep until 12:30 and had to be up by 3:45 to go get the kids. I'm a little beat today. I'll be extra happy to see Justin walk in the door tonight. By then I'm sure I'll need a break - or 8+ hours of sleep. ;)

No comments: