Monday, August 28, 2006

School is in session!

Nathan was ready for the first day of school. When he got up it was the first thing he said to Justin - "Today is school, Dad!" He was so cute! It was much easier for me than I thought it was going to be. It was raining so he thought he needed a jacket. He decided he didn't when he got into the van.

Here is getting ready to play. Some of you might remember me talking about McKenzie from last year. Nathan couldn't WAIT to see her this year. She's in his class again (thankfully). I'm not sure he'd be so willing to go if she weren't. She got there just before we did and wasn't very happy when her mom left. She cried which made Natey sad. He needed to come stand by me for a bit to make sure everything was going to be ok. One of his friends from daycare is there this year which I think made things easier. In this picture, Nathan is on his way to make sure that McKenzie is ok.

Nathan goes to a catholic preschool. We got a note saying that there would be a 'clap in'. I saw pictures of this on the school website last year, but had no idea what it was about nor why they did it. We pulled up to the school and there were all these kids lining up along the walk way. It wasn't long before they were clapping. This made Claire EXTREMELY happy. She was right along with them clapping. The kids would bend down and tell Nathan "Welcome to school!!!" and pat him on the back. It was actually pretty cool. Nathan really seemed to enjoy it.

I decided that since it was the first day of school, I should probably get ready (actually take a shower and do my hair) to take him. When I was done getting ready, Natey told me that I looked beautiful today. How incredibly sweet is that? I had Justin take a picture of me so those of you who live far away can see just what 11 pounds looks like. ;)

There I am! I'm 28 weeks pregnant. It's going very quick this time. I have my OB appointment next week, so you'll get that update soon.

For now I've got to go clean up the house. We're having company tomorrow which I can't wait for. I'll tell you about it in the next post along with a school update. Chow!

2 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

I'm glad today was easier for you than you anticipated b/c I was about to be in tears myself.

As for Justin taking the kids to PV...that's awesome. If the guys only knew what stuff like that meant to us!!!

Nicole said...

Kerrie - You're such a beautiful pregnant woman...and I truly mean that!!