Saturday, August 05, 2006

My mom always said....

When I was growing up, mom always said she was tired of being tired. I never fully understood what she was saying until I became a mom myself. Now being pregnant with our 3rd child I understand it even more. I'm always tired. Most days I feel like I could sleep for a week. I really am tired of being tired! Do you suppose it will go away? I'm afraid the answer is no.

Last night we had a LOUD thunderstorm. There was a massive crack of thunder that woke me up. Justin was just getting ready to come to bed and said he thought that lightning hit the tree, but it didn't. Holy cats was it loud! I'm not sure how much rain we got, but it must have been quite a bit. There were still large puddles when I went to work at 8. It's a good thing - very welcomed. We need the rain. Justin said that he needed to mow when I get home from work tonight. He hasn't had to mow much all summer long due to the dry weather.

We had friends over last night for a while. About 25 minutes after they left, Nathan was very sad because he already missed his friends. He does this with one of his babysitters too. It makes me laugh. Our friends were at our house for about 3 hours so it's not like they were only there for 20 minutes before having to leave. He's the king of drama some days.

This morning when I was leaving he was worried that the baby was going to miss him while I was at work and probably cry. Before I could even explain to him that the baby couldn't cry yet he took matters into his own hands and gave the baby a hug. "That should take care of him", Nathan said. Whatever works I guess. ;)

Claire is walking up a storm. Justin and I can't believe how fast she's caught on to it. She's even scraped her knee already. She is VERY MUCH enjoying being able to chase after Nathan or to at least try. However, if he goes faster than she can she gets on her hands and knees and crawls after him. She's not dumb - it is faster. :)

No comments: