Sunday, August 06, 2006

A natural phenomenon?

Ok, so I know this is going to sound crazy, but I'm going to say it anyway. I know I'm pregnant for many different reasons; I look pregnant, I have a hard time breathing, my feet are starting to swell, I'm tired. I know I'm pregnant! However, every single day - and I do mean every single day, I feel the baby move and it stops me in my tracks. For a least a couple of milliseconds I have NO idea what the feeling is. I'm serious! I'll stop and think "What on earth was that?" and then pick right up and go "Oh yeah, the baby". Why on earth is this happening? Is it because this baby wasn't planned? Planned or not I know I'm pregnant. It's the strangest thing. I've even talked about it with other people - told them this story - yet still each day I have no idea what's going on inside my body for some reason. It's very odd to me!

We still haven't picked out any names. We're at a total standstill. Nathan came very naturally to us. Claire was my favorite of girls names and it took some coaxing, but one day Justin decided he liked it too. But this baby is different. It's different all around. First he was down way low like Claire was (where I felt the movement), but yesterday and today he's been high like Nathan was. It's all very abnormal to me. After we found out that Claire would be a girl, I wanted to name her immediately. We know this is a boy....but we've got nothin'!

Speaking of Claire, she had a rough night last night. She and Nathan have both had a cough, but Claire was up coughing much of the night. I asked Justin to give her medicine at about 3ish (I think). He went and gave her some, but she would cough and cry and I don't think she ever went back to sleep. Justin went and got her up at 4:30ish. She would cry and cough and carry on. I wasn't able to sleep and I guess possibly did here and there, but not near as much as I wanted or needed. She didn't want to eat. She didn't want to play or at least not for long. Justin put her back in her crib and she coughed and coughed. Poor little thing!

Natey's had some sort of allergy thing going on as well. It's been going on for well over a month now. This past week as Claire got her cough, Nathan got one too. He doesn't seem to feel bad, he just coughs, sniffs, and sneezes all over the house. Sick kids make me sad. :(

Thanks to everyone that's called, e-mailed or text me today. You're all so nice!

1 comment:

Jennie Thompson said...

Sick children make me sad too. I'd rather be sick 10 times over than have Vanessa be sick.