Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A GREAT DAY!!!!

Here are our visitors. From left to right we have my grandfather (Papa), Nathan, my mom (Grandma Suze), Claire, my grandmother (BJ), and me. (My step dad was there too. He's in another picture.) My grandparents are from New Mexico so seeing them was a HUGE treat for us. The last time we saw them was two years ago, obviously, before Claire was born. In fact, we found out not too long after seeing them that I was pregnant with Claire.

Nathan was SO excited about seeing everyone today. He woke up and wanted to know if Grandma Suze was driving to see him yet. That was at 8:30 and they weren't coming until noon. That's a LONG time to a 4 year old. Papa and BJ got to the house earlier than I thought they were going to. I was actually in the shower when they arrived. Justin said "Your grandparents are here!" I told him I'd be out soon. It wasn't long before Natey (who could obviously hardly contain himself) came screeching into the bathroom and said "Your PARENTS are here!!!! Wait! I mean your GRANDparents are here." We were all pretty excited about their visit.

Claire and BJ hit it off right away. I was a bit surprised because Claire is very leary of strangers. She had no problem with BJ and Papa. She played and played with BJ. BJ teaches the kids very fun games. Today's top game was take the empty Kleenex holder out of BJ's purse and then put it back in. That was WAY fun for Claire. BJ also played games with Claire's feet which she wasn't sure if she liked at first. As you can imagine, it turned out to be a hit.

Nathan kept himself busy by throwing the football at Papa - and I do mean AT. Thankfully it was a soft squishy one because if it weren't he would have run Papa's bell. Justin had to work at noon so he missed most of the visiting. :(

None of us had eaten lunch so we went across the street for a quick burger. After that, Nathan showed our guests his Lightning McQueen. After he drove it around a bit being the center of attention, I asked him to give Peach a ride. Well he did and it was HER turn to be the center of attention. I thought we were all going to collapse laughing so hard. When she rides with him, she has one arm around him and the other hanging on to the door for dear life. Well, as they went down the sidewalk, she turned around and would wave like she might never see us again. We all CRACKED UP! Of coarse due to the reaction she kept on doing it. It was so freaking funny!

Anyway, the long story short is that we had a great visit.

I also wanted to let you all know about Natey's first day of school. Last year I believe he was 1 of 8 children. This year there are 16 in his class. That was a HUGE deal to him. He kept saying over and over how there were A LOT of kids in his class. Just so you know, I was wrong about the clap-in. I thought he liked it but it actually scared him. In hindsight I can understand why. However, thankfully, he's excited to go again on Wednesday.

I'll leave you with a picture that I think is adorable. From left to right we have Nathan, Papa Roger, Grandma Suze, and Claire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!! What a fun visit! I can't wait until it's my turn!

Anonymous said...

Ker,

It sounds like fun was had by all. I am very happy that you were able to see your family. I know how important that was to you!

Love,

Trac

Nicole said...

Is it just me or does Papa look alot like Papa Wood in that picture????