Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Nobody puts Baby in the corner - except Baby :)















This is Claire's new favorite spot to be. I'm not sure why, but she likes to sit in this corner and play with toys. The other picture was taken of the kids on Monday. I should have put my camera on the action speed because keeping up with Peach is a chore. I would try to take the picture and she'd bend forward towards me and say "Doo!" That's what you say when you try to scare people. As you can tell, it was cracking Nathan up. He has a 'sucky' in his mouth. It's actually a chewy Gobstopper. I got some when we were in Aberdeen visiting my sister once and Nathan has loved them ever since. He'll ask me what they're called, I tell him, and he goes back to calling them sucky's.

I've been busy on my days off. I've been going through Natey's baby clothes to see what I can and can't use. WHERE on earth did he get all those clothes? MY GOODNESS! Nathan keeps insisting that I pick up my mess. I refuse until it's done. The bad thing is that most of these clothes are upstairs and I can't go up and down the stairs very easily. I hope to be done soon.

Yesterday I took the kids outside to play. Nathan was riding Lightning and Claire was walking up and down the sidewalk. Nathan went to the far north end of our block (in Lightning) and stopped. He yelled "I'm out of gas!" I yelled back, "Well get out and put some in." He looked back at me with distaste. He yelled "I'm not talking to you - I'm talking to my pit crew!" Oh, my bad! Usually I'm his pit crew. How could I ever had made this mistake? (Whatever) Then it wasn't long before he won another race. He was jumping up and down screaming and carrying on. Then he sat on the side of the car. He had his foot kind of propped up and was holding his knee while the other leg dangled. I thought 'please tell me he's not doing an interview' (at least in his mind). He wasn't. He was only talking the race over with his pit crew. (DEAR LORD!)

I took the kids to get Nathan registered for pre-school. I'd already done this and don't really understand why I needed to do it again - but alas. Nathan got to see some of his friends which he really seemed to enjoy. He starts on Monday. My niece, Evie, gets to start pre-school this year too (in Aberdeen). She'll go Tues.-Thurs. while Nathan goes Mon., Wed., and Fri.

Speaking of Evie, Shannon and I were on the phone the other day when Evie decided she'd had enough of her mother. She was going to run away and visit Santa. Shannon and I couldn't help but ag her on. I told Shannon to tell Evie to make sure and take her coat. Evie said she didn't need to because it wasn't snowing out. Then I told Shannon to ask Evie if she knew how to get to Santa's. She said she did. She was going to take her toys to show Santa, but then she decided she was only going to pack her purse. I was cracking up at all of this. It was even better when she declared that the reason she was doing it was because she was mad at Shannon. Yep - I thought that was funny. She lives with a drama queen - I live with a red neck who loves NASCAR. What a mix!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I love this blog! It's a great way to start off my day!!
BUG

Kerrie said...

Thank you ;)

Anonymous said...

That was HILARIOUS!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Tell Evie I will come with her to visit Santa!
Trac