Friday, February 16, 2007

Anticipation

Natey simply couldn't wait for his Dad to get home last night. Waiting was killing him. He sat in the window like this for 45 minutes. He, of coarse, doesn't understand time yet. Finally Justin called and told him that he'd be home when the clock on the stereo said 7:45. Nathan watched that clock like a hawk. Justin finally made it home and Nathan couldn't have been any happier. All of us were so happy to see him.

Peach wasn't doing well last night. When I picked her up at Pam's she was coughing. Pam said she never stopped coughing the whole day. When we got home it only got worse. She was coughing nonstop and I mean it when I say nonstop. Her little heart was pounding. I was concerned that something bad was going to happen to her. She would be coughing and then all of a sudden gag and dry heave. It was horrible! I had no idea that such sounds could come from such a little person. I was very close to taking her to the ER - something had to give.

I called Tracy to see what kind of advise she could give me. She couldn't believe how nonstop Claire's cough was. She said we could use some cough medicine that she had of Dawson's that has codeine in it. Normally I wouldn't give my kids someone elses medication, but she needed some help. The poor little thing! She would come and lay her head down in my lap and just cough and cough. I tried to give her an ice chip but she wouldn't take it. I tried to give her water to no avail. Ferber brought the medecine over and I gave her a little. She'd slept most of the day at Pam's and was still exhausted. As expected, she was out like a light.

Justin said he went up to calm her down 4 times before he went to bed at 2. I went up at 4 because she was coughing and fussing. I'm not sure what time she got up today, but she was up at 9:30 when I called to check on them. She's at Tracy's today because Pam took the day off. Tracy agreed that she looks like she's been ran over by a truck. Poor Peachy Pie!

Jack isn't doing much better. He's been on the steroid since Wednesday and I really hoped for some results by now. This morning he choked hard. He was turning colors by the time he got the crap out of his throat. Justin came running out of the bedroom to get to him. I happened to be closer so I picked him up and turned him on his side. It doesn't help much though. It's scary as all get out when he does that - and he does it often. Luckily we don't have to go anywhere this weekend so maybe the kids can have some time to get better. If Jack isn't better by Wednesday we'll have to let Dr. Henry know and more than likely put him in the hospital. Hopefully that won't happen though.

Have a good weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

Those poor kids! I'll be thinking of you guys all weekend.

Just Mom said...

I wish I knew what to tell you re. your kids' health. I guess all I can say is I can empathize. Alex was sick all the time when he was little. It wasn't fun, and there was only one of him. I'll pray that your kiddos get better.

Cute photo of Natey by the window.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Geesh Kerrie, I am so sad for you right now. It just SUCKS to have your kids sick.

the boedecker family said...

I feel so bad for you guy's...they shouldnt' have to go through that and it must be so horrible to not be able to stop it for them. I hope it gets better soon!!

Amber said...

I feel horrible for you! I hope the kids have a good weekend of rest and things start looking up for your family!

Lori said...

I sorry your kids are soo sick.
I hope everyone gets better soon.
How scary with your little guy.

Cute picture of Natey in the window.
I know my kids always anxiously await their daddy coming home too.

Tracy said...

Cute picture of Nathan!! That is so precious! I am sure you were ALL anxiously waiting for Justin's arrival. Glad he's home now so he can help take care of the family!

Love to all...

Just Mom said...

Hi Kerrie,

I'm just checking up on you. Are the kids any better today?

Aisha