Friday, February 09, 2007

This and that

Ok, I can't believe I'm going to blog about this, but I am. I can't help but feel bad for Anna Nicole Smith's baby. Her mother was such a train wreck. I was shocked when the news of her death popped up on my MSN news thing. A couple hours prior to the message about her death there was a message that she'd collapsed. I clicked on it and thought 'that's what drugs will do to you' and didn't think anything more of it. Then the pop up came of her death and I thought 'OH NO! Her baby will never know her - good or bad!'. It's so sad. So tragic. So preventable.

Jack seemed a bit better this morning. I gave him a neb last night and it seemed to help his coughing a little. It wasn't much, but I'll take anything over nothing. I'm afraid that he might be reacting to the dairy in my diet. I have given up pop with caffeine which was no big deal. I haven't been drinking caffeine for quite some time, years actually. However, I'd never willingly give up chocolate. You might remember that Jack can't tolerate chocolate so I've cut it out of my diet (diet - yeah right). I've eaten chocolate chip cookies, but who eats a chocolate chip cookie to satisfy their chocolate need? NOBODY - that's who! I've told many people that I'm going to have an entire meal of chocolate the day I'm done nursing Jack. Not that I won't, but I really hope I don't have to cut dairy from my 'diet' as well. I'm a cheese fanatic! Everything tastes better with some sort of cheese on it.

Last night Natey started complaining of a sore throat. JUST what we need at our house. I had a sore throat almost all of last week, so I can't say I'm too surprised. He told me this morning before I came to work that it was still hurting. Fantastic! (sigh)

Yesterday I was chatting with Tracy on the messenger at work. It was getting close to 4 and she said something to the effect of 'I bet your ready to be done with work'. I laughed and said "Are you kidding? This isn't work. Work starts when I leave my job." It's one hundred percent true. Having 3 young children at home is MUCH more work than talking on the radio, answering the phone and helping save the occasional life. I don't mean to make light of it, but it's very true.

Anyway, after I get the kids from Pam's, Nathan usually asks if we can drive around for a bit. He likes to check if the train is at the 'train yard' (elevator) and those sort of things, but mostly he likes to watch his DVD player for a bit before we go home. Yesterday I had to deposit a check, so we headed to the ATM. On our way to the bank we saw a police car with its lights on. Natey was beside himself with excitement. It wasn't long and we were on a detour to see if it was Justin. Natey was on the look out to see if it was the 3 car. That's the car that Justin usually drives, so Natey was searching the car to see what number it was. Low and behold it was Justin. I told Natey to look inside so he could see his dad. He said "He's writing that guy a ticket. Let's go back by." So we did. As we were going by, Natey yelled "HONK AT HIM!" Could you even imagine? I'm sure Justin would have been more than pleased with us. Needless to say, we didn't honk. We did drive by again because we're stalker type people and Natey couldn't get enough of his dad's flashing lights. :)

7 comments:

Just Mom said...

That last story about you and Natey driving past Justin's traffic stop cracked me up. I would have loved to have seen his face if you really did honk.

Yes, I agree. Staying home with a child is more work than going to a meeting and then sitting at a desk and typing a story. I can't even imagine what more than one child would be like. Actually, it's funny but as hard a job staying home all day with a child is, I don't feel as drained at the end of the day as I did when I was in the workforce. I don't know why that is. Could it be because I'm BLOGGING ALL THE TIME?

It's funny that you started your blog with Anna Nicole. I was debating whether to address that or not. When I first heard the news of her death, my first thought was about her newborn baby. I hope that custody/paternity case gets settled real soon, and that she ends up with a loving family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerrie!! Just so you know I think Max is FINALLY starting to feel better. He has been barking for 2-3 weeks and I noticed he is starting to feel better every day. We are doing the neb treatments every 6 hours-thank goodness!! So hang in there!! I know how you are feeling though! Take Care

Kerrie said...

Kim - I'm glad to hear that Max is doing better. Let's hope it lasts for him!!!

Jennie Thompson said...

Great story about Natey wanting you to honk.

Lori said...

That is a cute story Natey wanting to drive by his daddy in the police car.

I too agree about staying home with your kids. It's a 24/7 job.

I hope you and your family feel better soon.

A mom said...

I don't know how you keep up with three small children. You are wonder woman! I have a hard time with my one, an 11yr old and a 31yr old boy!

I feel so horrible for Anna's baby also. She was born two days after Colter, so it has really been bothering me.

Hope Jack is getting better!

Anonymous said...

Regarding Anna Nicole Smith. As Bill O'Reilly said, why are we giving this woman such media attention. Is she really as important as those fighting and dieing in Iraq. Our American Soldiers don't get the media attention that Anna Nicole Smith has gotten. As Bill O'Reilly said, in the scope of things Anna Nicole Smith is not important. And on the factor he then said lets talk about our American troops.

Well said Bill.

hellifino