Sunday, February 18, 2007

This and that - take 2

On Friday the kids went to Tracy's house. She snapped this super cute picture of Jack. Poor little guy threw up just minutes after getting to her house due to the flem in his little body. The kids love to go to Tracy's house. Natey had been counting sleeps to keep his excitement at bay. Tracy got a lot of "Ta-cy...HI!" from Claire. Claire walks around our house saying 'Tracy where are you'. It sounds like 'Ta-cy where yah woo?" :) This was Jack's first stay at Tracy's house. Other than getting sick he did well.

Today is the DAYTON 500!!! I'm giddy! I've long said that I have too many teeth to be a NASCAR fan, but I am. I blame it on my dad. When I was growing up, my dad was a huge football fan. I didn't get into football until I was living on my own. I got to where I loved it. My favorite team is the Denver Bronco's. I had an unfortunate 5 year hiatus from my dad in which his loved turned from football to NASCAR. When my dad and I reconnected, I was happy to tell him about my 'love of the game' in which he replied "I haven't followed football for quite a few years". Um....what? He said that he enjoyed NASCAR and I sat down and watched a race with him. I thought it was the most 'redneck' thing I'd ever seen in my life. It wasn't long before I was hooked and there is no going back now. My favorite driver? I like many of them, but I like Dale Earnhardt Jr. the best. There, I said it. I'm officially out of the closet. I LIKE DALE JR. It feels good to say it. ;)

Do you watch Grey's Anatomy? Oh my gosh - I LOVE this show! If you're not watching, you really should. In my opinion it's the best show on TV right now. Love it! Tonight The Amazing Race - All Stars starts. This also makes me happy. This is my favorite reality show and it's going to be even better this season because of the All Starts. YEA!

Did you guys see that Britney Spears shaved her head? What on earth is she doing? I'm not a huge Britney fan, actually I don't like the sound of her singing voice much at all. But she's a train wreck waiting to happen. How many times does this girl have to call out for help before her family steps in? I realize she's a grown woman, but I can't imagine that my family and friends wouldn't have intervened if they thought I was off my rocker. My lord!

Ok, gotta go. The race is on. :)

8 comments:

Lori said...

We have the NASCAR races on over here too. Dale Earnhart Jr. is one Derek's favorites also.

I also love the Amazing Race. We'll be watching that tonight too.

Tracy said...

I am so happy that you bring the kids over when your daycare lady is gone. I love my kiddos!!

You admitted you like Dale Jr! HA!! Does it feel better now that you have confessed!? You and Dawson watching a race would be HILARIOUS!! He is racing his cars right now...and waving his checkered flag. And praying Dale wins!! :)

Just Mom said...

I've never watched a NASCAR race. I also don't watch Grey's Anatomy or Amazing Race, simply because I don't want to start watching a show I know I won't be able to watch every week. I watched Grey's Anantomy only once when my mom visited. I blushed when inappropriate things came on screen and Alex was in the room.

Nicole said...

Believe it or not, we actually watched the last 45 laps of the race. Crazy, I know!

And thanks to your post, I'm going to go Google Brittany Spears to find a picture of her shaven head *rolling eyes*...What is the world has happened in that head of hers???

Amber said...

I think that Jack looks just like Claire in that picture!
Grey's: I LOVE IT! I can't get enough of it!!
I found some good spoilers last night...it's going to be good this week!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

You should be thrilled that the race was such a close one! I don't have any idea if a 'good' guy or 'bad' guy won because as of yet I am still refusing to enter the redneck world of NASCAR. Not saying it won't happen someday...but not any time soon.

I have always enjoyed Amazing Race too, it's something you don't have to watch faithfully to figure it out. But I'm not getting into anything right now as our TV goes dark during Lent.

A mom said...

How did you like that race?! Bet you liked watching my man win, huh?! And just so you know, I may be a redneck, but I still have all of my teeth!!!!

Anonymous said...

I watch the NASCAR races too and Grey's Anatomy. Love that show I also watch Wildfire if you like horses and love shows this would be something to watch. As far as Jr I don't know about you Kerrie but to each their own. I like Jimmy Johnson.Hope all the kids start feeling better. Karen (Tracy's mom)