Friday, February 23, 2007

Update-Friday

Kerrie just called and they got moved last night from the Peds ICU to a regular room on the Peds floor. This all happened at 11pm at night! Can you believe that?!? I couldn't...but I guess they have their reasons.

Jack does have Laryngomalacia. There is no treatment for this...just time for it to become stronger. All of the other tests came back normal that they have done in the past couple of days. Which is great news!! I am assuming that means both the sweat test and the swallow test. The allergy tests will trickle in when completed. They are sending Kerrie home with a monitor to keep track of Jack's O2 so she is learning how to do that today. I am not sure the doctor wanted to let them leave today but due to the weather Kerrie convinced them that that is a wise decision on everyone's part!! YOU GO GIRL!

OH-they are coming home today!!!! I am sure after learning about the monitor and going through the discharge process they will not be leaving until later this afternoon.

Kerrie has to continue the NO DAIRY diet and Jack will continue the Prevacid for his acid reflux per Dr. Henry.

I am not sure there is anything else. Kerrie and I chatted about the doctors...but I will let her tell those stories if she chooses.

Thank you for all of your comments for Kerrie and her family. I read them to her yesterday and she is much appreciative to all of her blogger friends! :)

Now let's pray their transition home will be a smooth one!!

LOVE YOU MEYER'S!

Tracy

4 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for the update. I'm sure it will feel good to be at home and sleep in their own beds!!

Amber said...

That's great news!! I'm with Lori, there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed. Hopefully Kerrie can get some rest.
Thanks for the update!

~ Amy ~ said...

WELCOME HOME KERRIE!!! May you have the best sleep you've had in a long time and may Jack feel comfy and cozy back in his home.

A mom said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!