Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Update on Jack

Kerrie asked me to write this post...

Yesterday, Kerrie took Jack back down to Sioux Falls to see Dr. Z (since Dr. Henry wasn't in). They admitted him into the hospital for some testing. They checked his oxygen levels which were low so he has been on oxygen since arriving at the hospital. Kerrie said that yesterday he pinked up but today he looks pale again. When they try to take him off the oxygen...his levels drop again. They also did a chest x ray yesterday and Dr. Henry said it looks like he has a touch of pneumonia although the radiologist said no. This morning they were going to both a sweat test and a reflux scan which they only did the reflux scan with no results as of now. They will repeat the scan in the morning to see if he is aspirating into his lungs. He is currently in the Peds ICU but only because they don't have any open beds on the regular Peds floor. So right now it is hard for Kerrie to call people or receive calls due to the restrictions in the ICU. Hopefully a bed will open soon so she can be more comfortable. Jack is pretty cranky today as he isn't able to sleep without any interruptions. Kerrie is getting little sleep and I am sure she is not eating well. Justin is on his way down to see her and take her a bag of clothes and other personal items. I have had the children yesterday and today and I told him I would just keep them until he came home. I also told him to make sure Kerrie has gotten something good to eat and he should sit and chat for awhile. Nathan and Claire will be fine with us! They have done very well but I am sure they miss their mommy. Kerrie is waiting for Dr. Henry to come around so she can ask him if she can eat dairy again. It is next to impossible for her to find something to eat even at the hospital with no dairy. She is breast feeding again and they are supplementing with formula but Jack isn't taking the bottle very well.

I am sorry if I jumped around with all this information but I wanted to make sure and pass along all that she said. Pray that our little guy comes home soon and the doctors find out what is wrong with him.

Written with love,

Tracy

P.S. If you have any questions...feel free to email me...tferber@iw.net

9 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

Thanks for the update Trac!! My prayers are with them!

Lori said...

Thanks for the update. I feel so bad for them.
I hope they can figure out what is wrong the poor little guy.

I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers too.

the boedecker family said...

Thanks Tracy...you sure are a good friend!! Let them know we are thinking of them!!

A mom said...

Thank you Tracy for the update. I had caught wind this morning that something may be wrong. I tried to text Kerrie to no avail, and I was really worried that something really bad had happened! Please keep us posted if you can. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! I hope they find out what is wrong. I am going to take Max to the dr. today for his checkup in Sioux Falls, does Kerrie need anything brought to her? I would take anything to her!! Let me know! Thanks Kim

Anonymous said...

Trac,
Thank you for being such a great friend to Kerrie and her family. I know they all truly appreciate it. Thanks also for the update. WE all appreciate that.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Kerrie and family,
I know how much it sucks to have your children sick. I will pray for peace for you all and for wisdom from the doctors.
I look forward to a good report!

Julie said...

Oh, my heart goes out to them. Thanks for the update. Your such a wonderful friend!
Get Well Soon...Baby Jack!

Nicole said...

Oh Kerrie! I had no idea! I'll be praying that Jack is better soon!!