Sunday, February 11, 2007

Fun with the Ferbers

Last night Tracy and I took the boys to the basketball game. It was my first time to go and Nathan assured me that he would show me around so that I'd know what to do. Friday I went and bought us new Bulldog shirts. The sweatshirt that we got him for Christmas is too small for him. It's more of a half shirt. Anyway, I got my shirt on and Natey came into the bedroom and said "Mom, you look so cool!" Oh! Well thank you Nathan. Cute, huh? So sweet.

Tracy told me earlier in the day that she'd gotten Natey a Bulldog tattoo which I left as a surprise for him. He was J*A*C*K*E*D when Tracy showed it to him. He knew right away that he wanted it on his face. Dawson didn't want it on his face and was making no bones about it either. Dawson wanted his on his hand.
Here is the finished product.

They aren't kidding - they mean business! Ok, so we got to the game and had to load up on snacks. Apparently this is a ritual for them. Dawson had pizza which wasn't worth putting down to say 'purple monkey' for this picture like I requested.

As you can see, I almost got the 'talk to the hand cause the rest of me ain't listening' from Dawson. The boy LOVES him some pizza. (For real - the boy would eat it every day if Tracy let him.)

In this next picture we have Nathan telling me not to be scared if I hear a loud (makes the noise of the buzzer) noise. It's only the buzzer.
Here are a few other pictures from the night.











And then the reason for coming happened.......



BRING 'EM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Check out the look on Natey's face in that second picture. I was laughing and crying at the same time. This is SUCH a big deal to him. I think it is absolutely awesome that the players do this to/for the kids. I was happy to finally be a part of it.

A good time was had by all!

8 comments:

Tracy said...

WOWZA! How do you like that double chin?? YIKES!

We had a great time!! Hopefully you can go it again sometime soon!

MUCH LOVE!

Anonymous said...

It looks like fun was had by all.
Glad you all had a good time, I am sure the boys will tell me all about it on Monday at school :)
They love their BUllDOGS.
Susan

Lori said...

Look like everyone had a blast!! Fun to see the pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Coming to the Bulldogs vs. Bulldogs game?

Kerrie said...

That would be fun! I don't think I'll make it though. It's a work day and the game doesn't even start until 8pm.

Just Mom said...

You all look so cute in your Bulldogs gear. The boys are adorable.

Anonymous said...

I doubt I will go, either. Being able to listen to the game on the radio makes it easy to stay home! And, it's a school night! My guess--the BULLDOGS will win and the name of their school will start w/ the letter M.....I am guessing the second letter to the name of the school to be a!
I think that is neat how the players greet those "future Bulldog players"!

A mom said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!