Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Natey

I know this is going to surprise you, but Natey felt sick last night when it was bed time. I'll give you one guess as to what I did when he told me his tummy was sick. Here, why don't you just guess.

A) Laid in bed with him and rubbed his stomach.
B) Bit his arm so he'd forget about his stomach.

C) Laughed at him.

The correct answer is C. I laughed at him. That's what all good mothers do. I told him that I knew very well that he wasn't sick and that if he said it again that I'd be taking away his music. Then I laughed at him some more. I don't know about you, but when someone is laughing, at least for me, it's hard to keep a straight face. Well, same with Natey. He laughed right along with me. I told him to go to his room and that I didn't want to hear anything more from him. It worked this time. No gagging or anything of the sort.

***ATTENTION ALL MOM'S WITH KIDS STARTING KINDERGARTEN NEXT YEAR***

Yesterday I went to the Courthouse to get a copy of Nathan's shot record. Due to our insurance, our kids have to get their shots there - long story. Anyway, they told me that there was just a new law passed saying that the kids have to have 2 chicken pox shots or have had to have had the chicken pox. Just a heads up for you guys. Natey and Claire both got flu shots today and then Natey got the second chicken pox vaccine. He wasn't impressed.

5 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

What the HE**! I am SO sick of the state telling me what shots I have to give my kids! Thankfully my two oldest got the Chicken Pox, which by the way did NOT KILL THEM! So if they need two chicken pox shots when are they supposed to get the second?

When will they decide that maybe just getting these 'illnesses' like we all had to do as kids, is the safest route?

Sorry, it's a hot topic for me!

Kerrie said...

I wasn't happy about it either, Heidi. I believe they have until May to get their kindergarten shots.

Tracy said...

I absolutely agree. You and I briefly discussed just telling them that the boys HAD the chicken pox...hee hee!

I have yet to get Dawson's...I am putting it off as long as possible. I am not prepared for a major meltdown...and I mean MAJOR!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

One problem is that it's almost impossible to expose your children to the actual thing because everyone is VACCINATED. Chicken pox as a child is no big deal, but as an adult it can be dangerous...so how do we know if/when all of these kids who are vaccinated now will need it again to protect against it at a later time in life?

I asked my doctor that back in Watertown (a VERY good doc) and he didn't have an answer... scarey.

Tracy, I already did Olivia's because when I took Nic in last summer I figured I may as well "git er done" too.

They surprised me- a dollar store trip and McD's and we were fine.

Brandi said...

I love Natey! He is so good-looking Kerrie! I cannot believe how much he's grown....as I haven't been a part of his life for the past couple years (or three). I miss him dearly. He was always a very special child to me! Tell him HI for me....

As for the shots...poor guy! Your kids will be in college when I decide to start having kids...so, I will wait to get wound up on this issue...then you can come back and say, "Been there, done that!"...and coach me through it all! hehe.