Tuesday, February 06, 2007

FIX HIM!

I feel like a broken record. It seems that at least once a week I'm updating on a sick child. Today is no different. Today, again, it's Jack. I told Dr. Henry to fix him and that I wasn't kidding. He asked me if I was ready to trade him in. I'm not to that point just yet, but I just feel sorry for the poor baby. He's been scaring me to death too, and that's no fun!

Sunday while I was cooking stuff to go over to Tracy's, I looked over at Jack and from his nose up he was purple. I about had a heart attack. Of coarse my hands were full and full of goop so by the time I got to him he'd gotten up the snot crap that he was choking on. Seriously people, I freaked out.

This morning he woke me up by coughing at 4:30 and I've not been back to bed. Todays verdict is that he ..... wait ..... I just assume you're all sitting down, but if by some rare chance you're not - please - sit. No, it's ok. We'll wait for you. Ok. Lets just say it together. It's a ..... (drum roll) ..... VIRUS. Oh how I despise that word. Yes, once again Jack has picked up a virus. This is on top of the acid reflux which I'm not sure is getting any better. Dr. Henry ordered an upper GI/small bowel for tomorrow to 'make sure he's not missing anything'. He also tested Jack for RSV. He made mention of putting him in the hospital if he doesn't get better - so I'm not sure what is going on. I'll have to ask some questions when the nurse calls (with the result of the RSV test).

Anyway, that's how Jack is doing. :( Poor little guy. He's still cute as a button though. ;)

7 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

I disagree. I believe that he is CUTER than a button!

Amber said...

Oh Kerrie, I'm so sorry he's not feeling well. It seems like you have had your fair share of sick kids.
However, I DO agree with Jennie. What a cute, little thing he is. I don't think that you should trade him in.
Also, "He's really grown!" (That's the first thing that popped into my head then I saw the picture.!)

Julie said...

Oh, poor little guy! This sounds way to familiar. Alonna had an Upper GI done and has acid reflux. I hope they figure out what the deal is.

He is just precious. Whenever I see him, I immediately think of Nathan at that age!

Lori said...

Sorry to hear he isn't feeling well. I know Doctoring and all the stuff you are going though is no fun.
We are going through a bunch of doctoring right now too with our son.
I've been waking up a 4AM with no sleep also. It is so wearing isn't it.
I hope that get to the bottom of all of his problems and get him some help or hope that he gets to feeling better.

A mom said...

Poor little guy! I hope you get a good report. I don't know how you do it. I would be pulling my hair out by now!

Tracy said...

Hopefully you find some answers today and he starts to feel better soon! Poor thing!

LOVE TO ALL!

Brandi said...

Oh, I'm sooo sorry to hear about your rollercoaster ride with sick kids! My heart goes out to you and Justin! You have a beautiful family though! I'd like to meet Claire & Jack sometime!!