Saturday, February 03, 2007

Lets talk numbers

When I came to work today it was -14. FOURTEEN BELOW! Usually I don't notice the weather when I come to work. I quite possibly wouldn't notice if my hair was on fire either. I'm always in a hurry in the morning. Today, for example, I've been up since about 5:45 yet I didn't have time to take a shower. It's not that I was wasting time, it's just that my mornings revolve around an (almost) 3 month old baby who calls the shots.

Today when I left the house I noticed the negative fourteen degrees that was freezing our neck of the woods. Any time you get below 10 degrees it's cold, but -14 seems a bit extreme today. And as you can tell by the weather graphic brought to you by Keloland Weather, it's not getting better for a while.

Switching topics but staying with numbers; here is another number for you. 85. That's the average number of people who visit this blog each day. The highest number of visitors I've had is 114 in one day and the lowest is 42 which occurred on a Sunday. People seem to think that they are wracking up my numbers with each click on this blog. That's not the way I have it set up. I have it set to only track unique visitors each day. With that said, if you check my blog 15 times while you're at work, it's going to show 1 visitor. If you go home and check it again from your home computer, you've just added another visitor to my counter. See what I'm saying?

So, who are you people? I could name 20 of you that I know come here daily, possibly even 30. But 114? I don't even know 114 people nor do I have 114 relatives. I say that about relatives because I included this URL in my Christmas letter. I sent out about 60 cards and I know some of those are part of the 30 that I could list. I thought that our friends and family might like to check in on us from time to time. I used to be obsessed and quite freaked out by the number of visitors I was getting. Now it's not a big deal, but I still get curious as to who's checking and reading each day. There are at least 50 of you that are continuous lurkers. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with people coming to my site, you're more than welcome to be here. I just don't know how you've made it through 141 posts and never had anything to say about any of them. Go ahead - don't be shy. Say hello!

13 comments:

the boedecker family said...

Hello Kerrie...I read your blog often and got the name of Tracy's blog....you are very interesting and I love the blogs your write!! Barb Boedecker

A mom said...

Hello! You all ready know me. I am that girl who has been stalking you. JK!!!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Kerrie, I'm a regular. I am still laughing about the comment you left on my blog. I am still too much of a snob to accept NASCAR as anything but a waste of time. But what do I know...I feel the same way about Hockey.

I love your blog and I enjoy your humor, which I recognize as a defense mechanism against insanity...I use it too!

Anonymous said...

Kerrie, my name is Sara and I am from Howard. I found out about your blog through my sister and I enjoyed your humor. I love reading about your kids and your hectic everyday life! So you could consider me one of the regulars that read your blog!

PS--Your kids are TOO cute!!

Kari said...

Kerrie,
You know about me too. I check in just about every day. I think you are so funny, and I enjoy getting to know you and your family.

Jennie Thompson said...

I check your site every day.

BUG

Amber said...

You are cracking me up, I know exactly what you are saying... However, I'm a regular...and not a lurker!

Anonymous said...

Kerrie...you know I read yours daily and Tracy's and Aisha's and Heidi's and a few more. It is my new addiction. :)
Susan

Amber said...

Come on Susan, you are now required to come and visit my blog too!!

Nicole said...

I'll stay in the South, thank you very much! WAY TOO COLD FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori said...

I read yours daily too.

Anonymous said...

I check your blog from work and at home, so I guess I'll be marked as two visitors. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerrie! I am a friend of Jennie's, so I check your blog at work and at home!! I love what you write on your blogs!!