Thursday, February 08, 2007

Jack update

The RSV test came back negative which is a good thing I guess. I just wish they could tell me what's wrong with him so that we can make him better. He had the upper GI yesterday and if we don't hear the results today then we're supposed to call the office tomorrow. I really need some answers for this poor little guy.

I got up with him at 3:40 this morning and never got back to sleep. He had a cough that was causing him to bark like a seal. I know - sounds like croup, but it would have to be the early stages of it. Justin gave him a neb this morning and it didn't help his cough. It doesn't usually make it go away, but it usually makes it so that it's not that barky. Then this morning I was feeding him and he threw up all over me. He's much like Claire was when she was a baby when it comes to being sick. She was a sick baby and also one of the happiest babies ever. Jack is the same way. He threw up and then looked at me and smiled.

Anyway, I'll pass along news as I have it.

3 comments:

Just Mom said...

Poor Jack. No RSV is good. Alex had a cold that turned in to RSV for him when he was 1. I stayed home with him for a week. Not fun, especially because he also had a fever.

I hope doctors find out why Jack gets sick a lot, but don't be surprised if they don't. Alex started seeing a pediatric pulmonologist in Sioux Falls when he was 2, I think. The guy (really nice, by the way) did a whole bunch of tests but nothing was ever determined.

Lori said...

Oh poor little guy. I hope the doctors can figure out what is wrong with him and give you some answers soon. I know we are going through some of that with our son right now too and it isn't any fun.

I didn't know if you knew this or not: I have a blog site now. Please feel free to visit it anytime and comment if you wish.
www.blogginwithlori.blogspot.com

A mom said...

Ughh! I sure hope they figure out what is wrong with him soon. I don't think you would look very good bald. Hang in there champ!