Thursday, January 18, 2007

And the baby is.......

*Claire*

I can't believe nobody guessed it! I don't usually see much of Claire in Jack, but many of you said you did when I posted the last pictures. I looked in the Meyer children archives to see what Claire looked like when she was 2 months old. I saw that one and about fell over. I do have to say that it's the only photo where they all look so much alike. I'll post some other pictures of Claire at 2 months old another day. Claire is pictured (taken yesterday) with a gift she got from my cousin Holly. I think she (Claire) and I are some day going to fight over the adorable elephant. I love that thing! Not only is it soft as butter, it's cute as all get out! The other ear gives her birth weight and length. Flat out cute!

Now for an update on the sick kid crew. They are still sick. Natey woke me up around 3 this morning telling me he had a bad dream and that he needed a drink. I reached up and felt his head and he was burning up. I took his temp and he was at 102. I got him a drink and laid in his bed with him for a little bit. Thankfully he took some Motrin (he's not always good at that) and I assume must have gone back to sleep.

Jack sounded worse this morning than he did yesterday. He was fussy yesterday and wanted to be held. It's so hard because I can't get a single thing done around the house. It took me almost 2 1/2 hours to make supper last night and it was only steak and fried potatoes! I would start peeling the potatoes and before you know it he was screaming his head off. UGH!

I fear that Peach is next. Her nose started running yesterday and it was that gross, thick, yellow (sorry) stuff. She woke up early today (7:45) and was saying "Dad! Where are you?". So cute! She seemed fine when I left for work.

Justin hasn't gotten it yet either. I just got off the phone with him and thankfully he's staying home with the kids today. As for me, I think I'm on the mend. My nose is very pretty. It has that onion peel look that everyone desires. I'm just thankful that it's still on my face. I thought for sure it was going to fall off yesterday.

So that's it. That's the update for today!

6 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

I keep looking at that picture and I just don't see Claire. I think you made a mistake...HA!!!

Tracy said...

Hi,

I just figured since there is always a question of Nathan and Jack looking alike...I never even thought CLAIRE!!! CUTE! See, all your kids really DO look alike! As if you questioned that!!

Hope everyone at the Meyer household feels better soon!

HUGS TO ALL!

Just Mom said...

Hey... at least I got the gender right. I thought it was your baby photo. That makes me wonder...what did you look like as a baby?

Amber said...

I was thinking it was Nathan too! I'm with Jennie...I think you make a mistake! HA!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Ya know what's bad...my oldest in only six and I alreay can't always tell which baby photo is who! I swore that the people who say that years later must be on crack...but now it's happening to me. Oh lord.

Anonymous said...

I almost said Claire...I had a feeling you were tricking us, but I decided that was probably silly of me to think that. Oh, well.
Thanks for reminding me what I got Claire...for some reason, I could not remember. I know what I got Nathan, and I know what I got Jack, but Claire...it just wouldn't come to me! Glad you all like it. :-)