Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy National Hangover Day

I hope everyone managed to have a safe New Years Eve. Our family went and hung out with the Ferber's for a while last night. None of us had any aspirations of seeing the new year until later today. I haven't talked to Justin yet this morning, but my guess is that he rang in the new year taking care of Jack while the rest of us slept. I was in bed by 10:30, only 30 minutes after Nathan went to bed. Claire was a bit earlier than that. She had to watch Dora before turning in.


None of us will wake up with a hangover though. Nobody drank enough to get one. When we were younger, New Years was just another reason to get as sloppy drunk as you could. Now it's just a good excuse to hang out with friends and family. Some life changes are nice.


I woke up with a horrid pain in my neck/shoulder. I could hardly lift Jack due to the pain. I obviously slept wrong on it. It really hurts though.


Do you Google? I love to go to Google on a holiday. They do such fun things with their logo. Here's the one they have for today.I'm not sure how you get an O out of that red thing that looks like a Z, but it's still cute nonetheless. Also, if you go to CMT today (on TV) their logo is upside down. They had it like that last year too. Funny!

We don't have plans for today. Justin will have to go to work at noon, so the kids and I will hang out at home. Nathan got up a few minutes ago. Actually, he was having a bad dream, so I went up to see if he was ok. He wanted to come sleep with me on the couch so I carried him downstairs. Remember that neck thing I was talking about? Yeah - that was painful.

Last night when we were at the Ferber's, I had Natey get on the scale. He weighs 49.5 pounds. Dawson weighed in at 38.5 pounds. Peach was a whopping 25.5 pounds. I got on the scale and while I'm not telling you what I weigh, Dawson wasn't a bit scared to announce it to Tracy, Mark, and Justin who were sitting in the next room. :)

I'm looking forward to receiving my friends treadmill. My friend and co-worker, Jamie, is giving me her treadmill. I was supposed to get it on Saturday, but due to the rain we couldn't move it. We hope to try again today. I can't really diet right now because I'm nursing, but getting exercise will for sure help my fat cause. Actually, I can eat healthier while I'm nursing, I just can't cut my caloric intake by much. I look forward to seeing a smaller size on me, that's for sure.

Well, I left a mess in the kitchen last night so I better go take care of it. Have a good week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Kerrie and family! Hope your neck feels better soon. I hear ya on the weight thing. I never did lose it all after having my kids but I HATE exercise so it is my fault. Tell Nathan I will see him on Wed.- can't wait to see the kids again.
Susan

Kerrie said...

Thank's Suzie! He's ready to get back to school too.

Just Mom said...

Hi Kerrie,

Guess what? No hangovers here. We had an absolutely dry New Year's Eve (no champagne either), and you know what? It was more fun than those years we've "partied" too much. We must be getting older.

Tracy said...

Happy New Year sweetie! Thanks for hanging out with us...I had a great time as usual!

HAPPY 2007!

Love ya!