Monday, January 22, 2007

Why is it so hard?

I never once thought being a parent would be an easy job. Sick kids make life hard for anyone.

Ok, I'd like to stop and start over. I'm at work right now and as I was typing this, a commercial came on for St. Jude's Hospital. So instead of saying how hard it is to have 3 sick kids back to back, I'd like to say that I'm glad that it's not something worse than a flu bug. It's funny how a commercial can put something into perspective for you.

What I wanted to say was that Natey is doing much better, so much that he'll be able to go to school today. He missed all of last week (one day was teacher in-service). I think he's looking forward to getting back to school.

Claire is our sick girl right now. Last night she was wrestless before I went to work, so I went up to her room to check on her. I felt her and she was quite warm. I took her temp and she was at 101.something. I gave her some Motrin in hopes that it will come down. My guess is that we'll have 3 days of fever with her as well. Stay tuned.......

Jack is a bit of a mystery to me. I don't get how one day his breathing sounds fine and the next it's not good at all - like a revolving door. With Jack it's more of a day to day thing. We don't know what each day will bring us with him.

Justin has somehow stayed healthy. I don't have a clue how, but thankfully he has. He's ready for a break. As reported, he stayed home with the kids Thursday and Friday. Then he did his usual Saturday and Sunday. Saturday night I went to Flandreau with some of my friends, so he's ready to have a little break. He's been so great through all this which makes life a TON easier for me. Thank you! (kiss)

My only fear for now is that Natey will get BACK what Claire has and we'll have a horrible cycle. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

1 comment:

Just Mom said...

It's funny how a commercial -- or even a story on the news -- makes us more grateful for what we have.