Friday, January 12, 2007

Baby Alec

You might remember me talking about my cousin Holly and her baby, Alec. He's so cute! I told her that some babies look like babies and some look like little children. Alec looks like a little child to me. Nathan was the same way. In pictures he always looked older than he was. I think it's because they don't have those baby fat rolls that some kids get. Nonetheless, he's adorable and I wanted to post a couple pictures of him which Holly okayed. She also thought it would be ok to post a picture of the rest of her family so I hope they don't mind.Here is my beautiful cousin, Holly, and her precious baby, Alec. Aren't they adorable? Love it!

Here is the rest of the family. From left to right: Holly, Neil (her dad, my uncle), Jenni (her mom, my aunt, my mom's sister), baby Alec, Katie, and Erin. They lived in Milbank when we moved there in 1988. I LOVED having them around. Jenni and Neil owned the movie theater, drive-in theater, video store and another movie theater in a town near by. It made me feel very important being related to them. I adopted her dad as my own since my dad lived in Texas. I adore my aunt and uncle. Being around them feels like home. They all now live in Florida and I miss them terribly. They all enjoy their lives down there and I'm happy for them.Here is Holly's husband, Robert. He's such a nice guy. I first met him when he came with Holly to my sister's wedding. My sister and I couldn't get over how into Holly he was. He was just head over heals for her. It was adorable. They make such a wonderful pair.

My cousin Katie got married almost a year ago to a guy named Justin. I haven't met him but they also seem to be a good match. She says kids aren't on her radar just yet. I can't wait until they are. Babies are so fun!

Erin works at Disney which is super cool. She gets to be a character and also dances in one of the parades. For those of you who don't know, this is a HUGE deal and a huge honor for Erin. They seem to have such fun lives!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Kerrie! I love you and miss you, too!!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

What a blessing to have an uncle step up and be your "other dad" when you needed it! I think that is the most self-less gift to give kids. I know I had mothers of friends that felt very close to a "second mom" for me. They practically watched me grow-up along with their daughters. Nice tribute Kerrie.