Thursday, January 11, 2007

Lordy!

Things have been chaotic at our house if nothing else. Tuesday, Tracy and I took the boys to the gymnastic meet. It was obvious the boys didn't know what to expect. After singing 'the prayer' (National Anthem) the meet started. About 20 minutes later Nathan wanted to know when the game was going to start. Dawson wanted to know when it was going to be half time. Cracked us up! Natey wanted to go to the meet to see Cassie compete. Cassie is the daughter of Pam - Natey's daycare provider. Cassie is very good and much more advanced than most of the girls on her team. It was fun to watch her do her thing. Here is a picture of her and Natey before the meet started. One of Natey's friends from Pam's house was at the meet too. She was actually there with Pam. Her name is Sophia but the kids all her Sopha. I think Dawson might have been smitten with her. Dawson had to show me his leg. It made me laugh. Take a look.....He told Sopha that he broke his leg. LOL!!! Check out the look on his face. LOVE IT! The kids were fighting over who was going to sit where. Dawson wanted to sit by Sopha which was fine with her, but she also wanted to sit by Nathan. It was a mess. The boys were almost sitting on top of each other just so each of them could stay by Soph. They got it all worked out and by the end of the meet Dawson and Sopha were dancing with each other. (giggle) We also met up with Amber and her oldest daughter, Shayla. It was great to hang out with them. I've since found out that Amber doesn't like chocolate so I'm re-thinking the new friendship. ;) (Kidding of coarse.)

Yesterday ranks high as one of the worst days of my life. Jack screamed his head off almost all day long. It was horrible. I couldn't do anything to comfort him. In the morning he'd stop crying if I held him, but that ended in the late afternoon. I held him for an hour and a half while Claire took her nap, but 10 minutes after I put him down he woke up. He did this all day long. After we got Natey from school, Jack wouldn't stop crying for anything. It didn't matter if I held him or not. Finally he settled down at about 7:45 or so. Justin came home right after work and asked if I needed a break. I was almost reduced to tears. I had to get out of the house for a bit. After walking around Pamida for 20 minutes I was ready to go back home. Jack seemed better today. He was smiling at me while I was changing his diaper this morning. I told him that I didn't want him to have another day like yesterday. I hope the smile was his way of agreeing.

5 comments:

Just Mom said...

Kuddos to Justin for allowing you to take time for yourself. Yes, it can be trying sometimes comforting a crying baby. Once, when Alex was a newborn, he got up in the middle of the night and wouldn't stop crying. He cried so hard for so long that he actually fell asleep.

Amber said...

Kerrie thinks that she's a funny girl!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Jack finally settled down for you. Did you figure out what was wrong? He was probably just having a crappy day :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear Jack was acting up yesterday. We've had our own issues with croup and now a fever. Poor babies! Why can't they always be happy and healthy?? They don't deserve to have a bad day!

Kari said...

Kerrie,

One time when Onna was 6 weeks old, she had to have an upper GI done. She had a reaction to the barium, that caused her stomach to cramp up. She cried for 23 hours straight, until all of the barium had passed through. That was one of the most horrible days of my life, so I totally hear you. Be thankful for Justin!!