Friday, January 12, 2007

Remember when....

I know I've already posted twice today, but I came across these pictures last night and wanted to post them. These were taken over 6 years ago. It's funny to see how we've changed. Many of our appearances have changed, but our friendships have only grown stronger.This photo is crooked and hard to see the detail in the pictures, but we'll just roll with it. On the top left is my friend Loni. I met Loni at beauty school in Watertown. She and I had TONS of fun at school together and she laughed at all the stupid things I did and said which made me lover her all that much more. She's now married and has a beautiful son. Next to Loni is Tracy. I met Tracy while doing hair at a salon in Brookings. She went to a different designer before coming to me. We became quick friends and started hanging out due to the fact that each of us dumped our boy friends and had that among other things in common. Tracy is married (something I'll get to in a minute) with two great kids - one being the infamous Dawson. :) Down front is my best friend from high school, Richelle. Richelle and I talk to each other often and she came to visit me after I had Jack. Richelle and I have been trough so much together. We were pea's in a pod in high school and after. She's married and has two wonderful children, a boy and a girl. Obviously I'm the next one. :) Next to me is my sister, Shannon. She and I have a pretty typical sister relationship. We didn't care for one another growing up. We fought, physically fought, often. We were such different people, still are, but our relationship has changed since then. If you asked me what Shannon did during her high school career I couldn't tell you. I know she was a student coach for volleyball, but outside of that - no idea. We hardly spoke unless it was to fight. I'm happy to say that our relationship has changed and now I'd have a hard time going without her friendship. She's also married with two little girls that I adore.Here is a picture of Tracy and I. My make-up is gone and if it looks like I had been crying, I had. I'd just said good-by to my dad. He was leaving and I wasn't quite ready for that to happen. I'm so not afraid to take the credit for Tracy's marriage to Mark. I never call him Mark by the way. It's always Ferber and it feels very awkward when I call him Mark. Anyway, Tracy was living in MN and had a boy friend. She and I had lived apart for a few years but we hand wrote each other letters every week (the days before e-mail). She came to my bridal shower which had my bacholorette party to follow. We talked at great length and she wasn't happy with her current boy friend and so I told her I wanted to hook her up with Ferber. They met at our wedding and immediately hit it off. They were married just over a year later. The rest is history. I love that Tracy and I live in the same town and that we're raising our boys together. Even though they argue and compete at great lengths with each other, they can't get enough of one another. Tracy and I have been friends for 11 years now. Don't get me wrong, we've had our ups and downs, but I'd be simply lost with out our friendship.And last but not least - us! This is one of my favorite pictures of me and Justin. I can't believe how young we look. Holy cats! I remember that I thought I looked fat that day. What was I thinking? I'd give a million bucks if I had it to be that 'fat' again. (sigh)

Ok, I'm done posting for the day. Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

You looked AWESOME girlfriend! Still do after your babies!! :) Thanks for the memories! You are the BEST!!!

LOTS OF LOVE!

WP Finley III said...

Your wedding day....I think I remember it. The only thing I can recall is that the bartender was real cool and I saw a lot of him.

Just Mom said...

Kerrie, you looked beautiful on your wedding day. And I agree with Tracy, you still do.

Amber said...

Kerrie you're such a beautiful person inside and out!!
I didn't know all of that about you and Tracy, what a neat friendship!!!

Kari said...

Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match....(please)