Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Strange things happening

The story I'm about to tell happened quite a while ago, when Nathan was the only child. Justin got up early one morning and went hunting. Natey woke up at about 5 or so and I brought him into our bed to get a little bit more sleep. He laid there for a little while and then started whispering. This went on for a few minutes until I asked him who he was talking to. He pointed across the room and said "I'm talking to those kids". "What kids?", I asked. "Those kids over there" he said as he pointed across the room. As you could probably guess there were no kids to be seen - or at least I couldn't see them. I said "Will could you please ask them to be quiet?" He whispered something, turned over, and went to sleep.

A few months later I was doing something in my room when Nathan came in and asked me who the man in a picture was that I keep on my dresser. You see the picture above. That's my grandfather, my dad's dad, who passed away over 20 years ago. I explained to him that it was my Papa trying not to confuse him because he also has Papa's of his own. Keep in mind that Nathan was less than 3 years old when this happened. He said "Oh! I know him. I talk to him all the time." He turned around and walked out of the room.

I believe him. I think kids are clairvoyant. After all, they come to us from Heaven, don't they? Why wouldn't they get a glimpse of it from time to time, if nothing else just to soothe them? The thought of a possibility that he knew my Papa gave me great comfort.

Recently we've had something strange happening. I can't decide if Justin is doing this or not. I'll tell you about it nevertheless. A few weeks back I found a lid to the milk gallon in a cupboard where we keep our cups and plates.

I found it hard to believe that Justin was interested in keeping these, but left it there for a few days with intentions of asking him about it. About 3 days later I threw it away. It wasn't long before another one appeared there. Finally I asked Justin why he was saving the lids. He acted as if I'd lost my mind. I told him about the one I found the week prior that I'd thrown away. I explained that another one showed up and thought I better find out why we were saving them. He swears up and down that he didn't put them there. Well, I know I didn't and the kids are too small to put them there - even with the help of a chair.

See what I'm saying? Strange things are a happenin'.

10 comments:

Just Mom said...

I got goosebumps reading that post.

Yes, Alex does that too. He says he sees kids, which really doesn't freak me out as much as when he points and says he's afraid of "the man." I have no idea what man he's talking about. The only photos I have put up so far are those of my family, and they're all living. Also, nothing paranormal (that I've noticed, anyway) happens here. THAT gives me the heebie jeebies.

Nicole said...

I wonder why I don't have that picture of Papa Wood...I'd love a copy, if you can find a place that will let you copy it.

Tracy said...

You have been watching WAY TOO MUCH Ghost Whisperer...no, just kidding! I remember the story of Natey talking to "kids"...interesting huh?!?

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
You don't have that picture of Papa because I think they visited us in Midland when that picture was taken. With that picture there is also a picture of Mama Wood, my mom's mom and my moms grandmother. I have the originals, if you want. Shoot me an email and let me know!!

Ker,
Can you make sure Nic gets this. I'm not sure if I have her email addy or not.

Thanks,
Shan

Lori said...

My kids have had imaginary friends too that they talk to. I think they are just pretending though.
I think that is neat that he has talked to his Great Grandpa.

Amber said...

That kind of stuff really freaks me out!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

I'm with Tracy:-) The Papa story I can believe...kids don't put restricitions on everything like we do so they are open to more. The milk jug thing...that's just odd.

Jennie Thompson said...

I'm SPOOKED.

Brandi said...

Kerrie...I had goosebumps and almost tears reading this! I don't have children or anything..but, do believe in this kind of stuff. I miss little Natey!

A mom said...

Sounds like you may have a ghostie that is a bit of a practical joker! I had some strange things happen at my house right before Colter was born. They all seemed to happen when I was in the bathroom. Why in the world would any spirit want to witness that?!...lol