Monday, January 29, 2007

Baby Smurf

You remember The Smurfs, don't you? I used to love that show when I was young. I had many of the little Smurf figurines and even a Smurf record. I've watched The Smurfs on Boomerang and wonder how I could have enjoyed it so much, but I did. Cartoons were so simple when I was a child.

On Friday, Dr. Henry said that if we wanted to try a home test on Jack to see if what he has is reflux then we could. He suggested we add blue food coloring to his next bottle. The theory behind this is to see how far the stomach acid is coming up. He said we might see blue coming out of his nose or be able to see blue in his nose. So when I dropped Jack off at Pam's before coming to work I asked her to make the milk blue. I'm sure you can imagine the look on her face. Well, she did and it never came out of his nose (thank goodness), but it sure showed up in his diaper. His butt was stained blue. HA!!! Tonight Justin asked me when Jack's poop was no longer going to be green. That's funny!
Saturday night Justin and I went out for supper with our good friends Linda and Russ. We left the kids home with their kids and one of their kids friends. I wonder what they thought when they changed Jack's diaper? I totally forgot to tell them about his blue butt. I could have told the girls that Jack was a Smurf, but you know they wouldn't have had a clue what I was talking about. (Sigh)

8 comments:

Just Mom said...

We had to do the blue food coloring with Alex too. Very funny. I don't remember him having a Smurf blue bottom, though. Maybe I just blocked it out of my head.

Speaking of Smurfs, do you remember the theme song? "La, la, la-la, la, la..lah, la-la, la, la..." It used to annoy the heck out of me. I still find myself humming it, though. Does anyone remember Strawberry Shortcake? (OK, now I'm REALLY showing my age.)

Just Mom said...

Oh! Tell Linda to start commenting on my blog. All she has to do is create a FREE Google/Blogger account. She doesn't need to set up a blog of her own, although it would be fun (for me).

Lori said...

That is a funny story. That would be a shocker to have blue bottom.
I do remember the smurfs. I used to watch them growing up too.
Aisha, We have lots of Strawberry Shortcake movies, coloring books, dolls around here; as Megan loves them.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

I am so glad that you took extra steps before assuming it was acid reflux! I think that they are a bit too quick at diagnosing that. Olivia was a spitter too and that was the first thing they said. So we had the expensive medicine and it was NOTHING!

Amber said...

I loved Smuffette! She was my favorite.
Corey knows Russ too, they know each other from hunting.

Nicole said...

You totally crack me up!

Lori said...

I finally got my blog site up and running. Check it out:
http://www.blogginwithlori.blogspot.com/

Can I add your blog site to my daily blogs read list?

Anonymous said...

Kerrie,
The girls never said anything about a blue butt. (It gives new meaning to 'blue ball syndrome' though doesn't it!!). Kelsey is already in bed. I will have to ask her if she and Kallyn noticed anthing odd.
So, if the blue did not come out his nose does he have acid reflux or not?? I am confused. Let me know.
Thanks,
Linda