Monday, November 20, 2006

"Are you ready to have your baby?"

This was said to me last Thursday night. Natey and I went to Conoco to pick up some subs for supper and a lady working there asked me that very question. When I told her that I had him on Friday you could tell that she was embarrassed. I felt bad for her. It's not her fault - I do still look somewhat pregnant. My stomach gets better day by day so it's not like I can really blame her. I wanted to hug her and tell her that it was ok. Poor thing. So....thank you Amber for such a kind comment on my previous post. The lady at Conoco might not agree with you though. (giggle)


Jack had his first bath in a bath tub tonight. He screamed the whole time. This picture looks like he's kicked back enjoying it which couldn't be farther from the truth. He didn't like it at all. It lasted less than 3 minutes probably.

This afternoon Justin and I took the kids to have their pictures taken. It didn't go very well. I'm not overly impressed with the picture that we got, but it will do. They got one really good one of Jack that I loved.


There isn't anything much sweeter than a sleeping baby. I'm such a sucker for them. I can't get over how much Nathan and Jack look a like when they are asleep. When Jack is awake, his eyes look like Claire's, but while he sleeps I think he looks like Nathan's 'Mini-Me'.

The nurse called this evening while we were having the kids pictures taken. We were told to take Jack off the bili blanket and to re-test him tomorrow. They didn't tell us what his number was for today. I'd be very interested to know. The last number was 13.7 on Friday, so I can't imagine that it's much of anything now. We have his first check up tomorrow, so we'll see how things are going.


I also spoke to Dr. Hassebroek's nurse today about my headache. She is going to call the Neurologist first thing in the morning to see if they can't get me in tomorrow. I sure hope they can. This headache has gone on long enough! I don't look forward to having shots in my head, but at this point it would feel better than the headache.

Well, that's it for now. It's time for me to hit the sack! TTFN!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A SWEET & ADORABLE LITTLE BABY!!! I need to get over and see you guys again. Hugs & kisses.

Tracy said...

Sorry to hear the picture didn't go so well. I am anxious to see them either way! I sure hope you feel better soon. Please call me tomorrow. I will need some TLC! :)

LOVE YA!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you! What a precious gift. I can relate to the surprise and feelings that you had. Dominic has added so much to our lives and I'm sure Jack will do the same for you. What a neat idea to have the baby give gifts!!

Kerrie said...

Hi Carol Jean!! Thanks for posting. I think you'll be exactly right about Jack. I just want him to stay little unlike Dominic did. :) Have a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Carol Jensen boy that is a name I haven't heard in quite a long time. I know this your blog Kerrie but is is nice to see Carol roaming the blogging world....