Monday, November 27, 2006

Flying solo

It's my first day alone with the kids. The first week we were home my mother-in-law was here to help. The second week Justin stayed home and this weekend, as I said before, my sister was here. Right now Natey is at school and Claire and Jack are sleeping. I should be sleeping too, but that would make sense and who on earth wants to do that, right? :)

I talked to Tracy today and she thinks they'll release her from the hospital. She's still not doing wonderful, but she's ready to be home. Hopefully she's on the road to recovery and will be better now. I hope she didn't go through all this for nothing. LOVE YOU TRAC! GET BETTER!

Ok, I have to tell you all a story. My sister and I about wet our pants over supper Saturday night. We were having fish sticks and we told Evie they were chicken so that she'd eat them. Natey was having a VERY hard time calling them chicken. Actually, that's not the whole truth. He was ok with calling Evie's chicken, but didn't seem to understand that if Evie's are chicken then everyone else's should be chicken too. He'd call his own fish sticks, but when regarding Evie's, they were chicken. It was a bit hard to keep up with. Anyway, we had mashed potatoes with them and thankfully Evie thought those were good and was eating potatoes like crazy. Shannon told her that she had to eat her lone 'chicken' stick so Evie took another bite. She had it in her mouth and told Shannon that her chicken tasted funny. Shannon asked what it tasted like and Evie paused and said...... "dish water". Shannon and I about lost it. It was SO funny. Well, not to be out done, Nathan tried to make things funny. He did say something that I thought was funny, unfortunately I hope it doesn't come out of his mouth again until he's an adult.

I don't know what on earth he was even talking about, but I thought he might have said the F word - that rhymes with Tucker. Shannon and I started to laugh (I'm no good not laughing - IT WAS FUNNY!). Anyway, I asked him what he said and he acted as if he had no clue what I was talking about - and I'm not sure that he did know what I was talking about. I was going to drop it until he said it again. I had a TOTAL knee jerk reaction and hit him. I mean, I didn't punch him or anything, but he was sitting right next to me and I back handed him in the arm/chest area. Do you know what I mean? You know how you'd do it with your friend or husband if they said something that was out of line? Well, that set me off too. The look on Nathan's poor little (now horrified) face was priceless. He couldn't believe that I'd just 'HIT HIM'. Oh lordy it was funny!!!! As I was laughing hysterically, I told him never to say that word again because it was very naughty. (This is the best part. Are you ready for it?) He said "Because if I do, you'll hit me again?" NICE! I thought my sister and I were going to pee our pants. It was so funny. I wonder how much money I spent in future therapy in that moment?

I'll leave you with this photo. Do you find it offensive?You shouldn't. It's only a picture of Nathan's knees/legs that he took himself. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NATHAN LEE MEYER!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I'm LMAO right now, reliving that moment...then the picture. Oh, my.... Thanks again for a wonderful weekend. The pics of the kids are adorable. Thanks for including us ;)

Tracy said...

Poor Evie! What does dishwater taste like exactly!??! I am glad you had a good weekend!

LOVE YOU!