Sunday, November 05, 2006

Star of the week!

Nathan came home beaming from school on Monday and announced that he was the Star of the Week! He was so excited. They had this last year too - and he earned the honor last year as well. All the kids at some point get to be the star of the week. Natey was star of the week because "Nathan has really worked hard to learn to write his name". He really has too. He'll even practice at home from time to time. He got this certificate and a coupon for a free kids buffet at Pizza Ranch - which he CAN NOT wait to use. I made it really big so you could read it. :) He really thinks that he's the shizz because of this - which I think is funny.

Today is my last day of work. It's funny - knowing it was my last day of work, I didn't even hit snooze. I got right out of bed, ate a bowl of cereal, took a shower, got dressed and came to work. I'm so glad I don't have to work tonight I can hardly stand myself!

Natey asked me his standard Sunday morning question, "Mommy, why do you have to work so much?" I have tried to tell him that I'm going to be off work for a long time, but he doesn't seem to understand it. Maybe he just doesn't believe it - who knows? As much as I like my job, and I really do, I'm ready for some time off. Someone at work asked how much time I was taking off and when I told them they said "So instead of taking vacations, you take maternity leave". How right she was!

I don't know if I've said this on here, but I'm not having my tubes tied - I'm having them taken out. I talked it over with my doctor, and she and I feel that I might be at a higher risk of having a tubal if we just tie the tubes. I realize that this means that I'll never have more kids no matter what, but Justin and I are fine with the decision. The doctor said that she won't know what she's able to do until she gets in there, but the plan is to take the tubes out as of now. That's probably more information that you wanted, but hey.....

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow with an ultrasound. Hopefully I'll be inspired to give the baby a name after I see him again. I, however, will NOT be holding my breath.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Am I dumb or did I not realize that you can ACTUALLY take your tubes OUT?!?! Sounds very dramatic but I know your doctor will take good care of you. Your a frequent customer! Hee hee!

Love ya!

Tracy said...

OH-CONGRATS Natey! It is so fun to be STAR OF THE WEEK isn't it?!?

Love you too!

Kerrie said...

I didn't know it either. She made it sound like it was something new that at least their clinic was doing.