Tuesday, November 14, 2006

We're home!

Hi everyone. It's 2am and I'm going to do a quick post. This will probably happen often now with my lack of time. I wanted to let everyone know how we're doing.

First of all, thank you all for sending us your well wishes. Tracy, thank you for the perfect post introducing Jack. It was done exactly the way I would have done it. You're the best!

Ok, get ready for all the pictures. :) This first one is of me just before we left for the hospital. I've had Justin take my picture prior to leaving the house to have each baby, so that's the reason for this picture. It was 4am and I'd only had an hour and a half of sleep. I started feeling quite nauseas about 11pm the night before, so I hadn't been feeling well for a while. Only getting 1.5 hours of sleep didn't help me at all.
In this one I'm done being prepped for surgery and we're about to head down to the OR. Check out that belly! I was having a hard time breathing that morning - now we know why. :) Poor little Jack just didn't have any room left. By the way, he still wasn't named in this picture.After Justin snapped this one of me, the nurse ordered him to stand by me to have his picture taken - and he did! Look how cute he is in his scrubs!!Justin was asked to stay in the room until they came to get him. When we had Nathan, he walked right into the OR with me. However, the past two times he was asked to wait. They took me in and gave me my spinal. With Natey and Claire, after getting my spinal I would get sick. The doctors told me it was due to my blood pressure dropping. The doctor told me this time that he would do his best to make sure that I don't get sick, but also in not so many words added but don't hold your breath. Well, unfortunately I got very sick. I was shaking and felt as though I couldn't get my breath. Laying down while getting sick isn't the best thing to have happen to you. I won't dwell on this, but you're all aware of how gravity works, right? Yeah, throwing UP (talking direction now) isn't easy. Ok, moving on.

After getting sick 3 times in the OR compared to my normal once, I was ready to move on. Justin and I were still at a stand still on our child's name when he was born. While I was up not sleeping the night before, I was on the hunt for the perfect name. I came across 'Pierce' and loved it. Justin said it was ok, but liked Jack or Lane better. On our drive to the hospital, I begged that we name him Pierce. We still couldn't agree. Finally we stopped talking about it and just went with the flow.

The moment of truth came and our baby was born. The cord was wrapped around his neck and his feet. THANK GOD everything turned out well. When asked what his name was, Justin paused and said "Pierce Allen". I turned to him and asked if that was ok. Just by looking at him I could tell it wasn't and I started to cry. To think that Justin loved me so much that he'd give our baby a name that I wanted to make me happy was more than I could handle. They cleaned Pierce up and brought him so that I could see him. I looked directly at Justin and said "Um....he doesn't look like a Pierce. He looks like a Jack." I never thought that would have happened to me. I've never once looked at a baby and thought that their name didn't fit them. In my opinion, babies just grow into their name. Well, this baby was for sure not a Pierce to me and quickly became Jack. Take a look at the proud daddy.Here is a picture of us in the OR. Mommy, Daddy and
JACK!I have a picture like this next one of me and each of the kids. I love it. Even though I might not look 'pretty' - the picture is beautiful to me.

Here is my mom (Grandma Suze) holding Jack.

Here is Papa Roger holding Jack.

Here is Natey holding his baby brother who he adores! Notice Natey's NEW Dallas Cowboys hat. He's quite proud of that too.Here is Justin's side of the family. Nathan, Jack, Gary, Sharelle, Claire and Spencer.Here is my side of the family. Nathan, Justin, Roger, Sharelle holding Claire so that Claire will appear in the picture (smile), Mom (Sue) and Jack.And last but obviously not least - JACK! This was taken as we were getting ready to leave the hospital to start our REAL lives together. Now is when the fun REALLY begins! This concludes my 'quick' update. You all really should have known that it wouldn't be quick. ;)

LOVE TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

First Time Mommy said...

Congratulations Kerrie, Justin, Nathan and Claire! Jack is a cutie! I'm so happy you guys finally settled on a name :)! Jack fits him perfectly! Best wishes to you all!

Tracy said...

He looks so different in these pictures than of the ones I took. He is adorable sweetie! I can't wait to see you all again. Maybe tonight! :)

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you "quickly" updated. I love all of the pictures. You might now have to change the title of your blog to "table-for-five"!!

Kari said...

Congratulations on your new arrival!!

Make sure you hold him all of the time. You know how fast they grow, right?!?!

Julie said...

Congrats Meyer family! He's beautiful! I want another little baby. They are such a blessing! Enjoy!