Saturday, November 04, 2006

I finally get it

When I was this pregnant with Nathan, I'd ask Justin if he was nervous about having a baby. He'd tell me that he wasn't nervous and just wanted to move on to the next step. For the life of me I couldn't understand how he felt. I was scared to death to have a baby. He was the same way when I was pregnant with Claire. I was ready to be done being pregnant with Claire, but after I was taken off work, that went away for the most part. I felt much better being at home taking care of Nathan and not having to do the two flights of stairs and walking the long hallway to the bathroom (at work).

I get it now. I'm ready to be done being pregnant. I'm ready to do the next chapter. I realized on Thursday when I came to work that four and a half years later I finally understood what Justin was feeling. I have such a hard time doing *anything*. On the days I work (and even the ones I don't), by the time I get supper on the table I'm spent. I haven't been able to take Nathan to bed much because stairs are just not my friend. I have a hard time even going down the two flights of stairs at work. By the time I park and walk down the stairs I'm out of breath. I'm glad tomorrow is my last day.

People keep asking so I'll keep responding - no, this baby still doesn't have a name. We'd like his middle name to be Allen, but that's as far as we've gotten. Some of you think that he's named and we're just not telling. I assure you that's not true.

From what I hear it's very nice out today. It's supposed to be even nicer tomorrow. I looked at the extended forecast and it says rain on Thursday and snow on Friday. Wonderful (sigh). I realize there is plenty of time for it to change, but still - come on.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I'm sure you will think of a wonderful name, as soon as you see him. I was lucky I had a girl, because although we'd had her name picked out for a long time, we could NOT agree on a boy's name. I remember the long days at the end of pregnancy. I was working as a cook at the nursing home, so I was on my feet for 8 hours at a time. That meant a lot of leg and back pain at night. Good luck to you with your delivery...before you know it, you will be cuddling and snuggling with your oh so perfect bundle of joy! As you know, the little sounds and faces that they make as newborns are like nothing else in the whole world!

Tracy said...

1 more day or work!!! WAHOO! Then I don't have to worry about you working so much with so little sleep! Then you'll get so little sleep because of a precious little guy we'll just call BABY MEYER! I mean...BABY Allen MEYER! Hee hee!

Love ya!