Monday, November 06, 2006

Doctor visit

Today I had my last appointment. I had an ultrasound first which took 15 minutes. The babies face was pushed up against my uterus so there are no good pictures to show. After the ultrasound I had to wait 45 minutes for my appointment. My appointment time came and I had to wait an HOUR to see the doctor. For future notice, 2pm isn't a good time to schedule a doctors appointment. It's not Dr. Hassebroek's fault, it's like having a 11am appointment - they are already way behind by then.

Everything looked good with the baby and with me. I measured 38cm this time - which is +2 from last week. The baby has plenty amniotic fluid, so that made me happy to hear. They think he weighs 7 lb 1 oz. It will be interesting to see how close they are this time. Nathan was 6 lb 13 oz and Claire was 6 lb 8 oz. I doubt this baby is going to be 7 pounds especially since he's 2 weeks early, but we'll see.

It was so nice not to have to go to work last night. I was obviously on a high (or something) because I didn't go to bed until well after midnight. Claire was up at 7:10 which is early for her. I was happy to get 7 hours of sleep compared to my usual accumulative 4.

Anywho, I'm a bit tired today and don't have much to say - so that's it!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

So you didn't get that feeling like "oh, his name should be..." during the ultrasound? Okay, I tried! Are you tired of people asking yet?!? Maybe his face smooshed up against your uterus means something? Okay, maybe not!!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Tracy's comment cracked me up. Don't feel bad, Trac, I asked her the same thing (about a name coming to mind).

Just think, next week at this time, you'll be HOME with your new baby already. YIKES!!

I can't wait to meet him.