Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Loot!

We had such a fun Halloween yesterday! First, I must show you this. Natey got himself ready by 2:30. We were to pick up the Ferber's at 3:30 to go downtown at 4. At 2:45 I wanted to call my friend, Linda, to see if she was going to be at work. This was going to be my deciding factor if we went trick-or-treating at the court house or not. Anyway, I got off the phone with her and Claire came out of the bathroom looking like this. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT??? It took me a few seconds, but I soon realized that she'd gotten into a tube of my lipstick. Lucky for me it was some cheap stuff and rubbed right off with a wipe. It was a mess though.

After cleaning Claire up I got her in her costume - well part of her costume. Tracy and I decided it was too cold to take the girls downtown with us, so we left the girls at home with Grandma Sandy. Claire doesn't like strangers and Grandma Sandy, for whatever reason, still falls into the stranger category. Tracy was holding Claire so I slipped out. Then Tracy put up her baby gate and left Claire with Sandy - which was NOT a hit with Claire. She doesn't usually cry for long, but it's a bit hard knowing that she isn't comfortable with what's happening.

We got downtown and the boys were beside themselves with excitement.Aren't they cute? Look at the excitement on their faces! I love it! It was so much faster and easier leaving the girls behind. It was cold and they would have froze! Everyone loved the boy's costumes - and their treat buckets. We were pretty impressed with them too. :) Dawson was cracking us up. If someone would say "Oh, there is Jeff Gordon" then Dawson would say "AND Dale Earnhart Jr." - he wasn't about to be left out. However, at never a loss for words, if someone said "There is Dale Earnhart Jr." then he'd say "...and this is Jeff Gordon". He didn't want Natey to be left out.

It was also very interesting to see the boys, Dawson more so than Nathan, see a scary mask and talk it out. For example, there was a boy that was dressed up as an army guy, but he had this hideous skull mask on. Dawson would say "I'm not afraid of that army guy with that skull mask on because he's just pretend" or something of the sort. It was interesting to hear him work it out for himself.

After we went downtown we decided to go to the court house afterall. We were going to just go to my work, but did the whole thing. Afterwards, we went and got the girls. Caymen was a flower.....ADORABLE - right? SO cute! Claire had to have a melt down when we got to Tracy's, but I was able to get her costume on and some face paint.
This is the best picture you'll see of Claire for Halloween 2006. She had several melt downs. After picking up the girls, we went to have the kids pictures taken. I think Claire thought she was going to be left again and bawled.....screamed though it. I hope they got a good picture of the rest of the kids.

We went to a few houses and then stopped to have supper at Pizza Hut. After Pizza Hut we went to the nursing home. The kids really seemed to enjoy this. They get a TON of candy and the best part is that it's inside. Peach would take the candy from the elderly person, put it in her bag, then stick her hand out for more. It was funny.

After the wrinkle ranch...er...nursing home we were off to Grandma Sandy's which caused Claire to have another melt down. See!My guess is that she thought she was going to be left with Grandma Sandy again. She started crying the second she saw her. I don't know who to feel more sorry for, Claire or Sandy. :(

Well, this post has taken me all day long. My pictures wouldn't load and I've had my fill of BLOGGER. OH - I'll leave you with a picture of Natey's loot!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I am so glad our kids have each other...and I am lucky to have you as a friend. Thanks for everything!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

In that first picture, it looks like Claire is on the boys' pit crew.

Kerrie said...

Jennie - exactly! That's funny!!