Friday, October 20, 2006

21 days, but who's counting?

I'm in awe that we'll be having our baby in 21 days. The time is going so fast. Still no name - so don't ask. :) Nathan can't wait for my belly to back to normal so I can tackle him. I thought that was cute. I've noticed that I'm getting bigger, and bigger, and BIGGER. I mean, I feel like all of a sudden this belly is out of control. I've gained 20 pounds so far, however, I'm shocked that THIS is what 20 pounds looks like. WOWZA!

Natey has been telling us lately that he likes one of us better than the other. He's not trying to be mean - just letting us know. He liked Justin better the other day because he was finally home from school. He liked Justin 20 and me a 3. Funny! Then he wanted to know how old I was and I was stumped. I looked at Justin for help and he looked at me as if I'd lost my mind. I couldn't remember - how retarded is that? Being pregnant isn't kind to your brain.

Speaking of that, I had a friend at the first salon that I worked at named Cinnamon. Yes, her real birth given name was Cinnamon. Anyway, she was told by doctors that she couldn't get pregnant and sure as heck it happened. She didn't tell anyone for quite some time, but we all wondered and knew that something wasn't right because all of a sudden she was a space case. At this time she was the manager of our salon. I'd be doing a hair cut (or some service) and ask her a question. I wouldn't get a response and go "Cim....Cim" - still nothing. The thought would leave me and all of a sudden I'd get a "What Ker?" from her. It was very funny actually. She was SO what I call 'Pregnant Stupid' it wasn't even funny. I'm HUGE pregnant stupid these days. I think Justin's favorite (total lie) is when I'm telling him a story or something and get stumped on a word and can't continue until I get the word figured out. The horrible part is that the word is something as easy as 'little' or 'store' or something like that. It's just nuts. The bad part is that it doesn't go away very fast once I've had the baby. I get the post pregnant stupids which is exactly the same thing.

I think Natey has pink eye. He says that his eye is very rubby. I love when he says things like that. For instance, he loved all the 'shubling' (shovel) he got to do the other day. There are so many more, but of coarse I'm drawing a blank right now.

Claire is saying more and more words each day. The one that's cracking us up right now is 'what'. I know, not such a funny word, but listen to this story. She went with me to take Natey to school on Wednesday and after we dropped him off we went to the grocery store. She REALLY wants to walk now instead of being held or being in the cart. I only need some potatoes and a 9 volt battery, so she was walking. We got what we needed and I started going into the check lane, but Claire kept walking. I said "Claire" and she kept walking. So of coarse I raised my voice and said "CLAIRE!". She turned around and said "WHAT???". All the girls at the check stand started laughing. It was funny! She does that at the house too. WHAT!?! It makes all of us laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what is my excuse for never knowing what I am saying??! It certainly isn't the "P" word! :) I think you rub off on me! Hee hee!

Love,

Trac

Jennie Thompson said...

I insist you name the baby Oscar. Pretty please?!