Thursday, October 12, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!

Today is my mom's birthday. She's.....another year older (scared ya didn't I, Mom?). Yesterday was my nephew's birthday. I told Natey that it was Spencer's birthday and asked if he'd like to call him. He was excited about it at first, but when I got my phone he decided it wasn't a good idea after all. Have I mentioned lately that he's 4? He's very much 4. Spencer, on the other hand, turned 6. He looks like he's about 8+. I can only imagine how tall he's going to be when he's in high school.

My mom actually made Natey teary eyed yesterday. Nathan had his shots on Friday so that he would be ready to go to kindergarten next fall. Mom sent him a card telling him how proud she and Roger were that he was such a big boy while getting his shots. He thought that was so nice that he teared up and needed to sit on my lap for a little bit. It was so sweet! He's SUCH a softie.

Yesterday I got off at 2:30 to go to Natey's program. Watching 4 year olds sing is hilarious. Don't forget that Nathan had been up since 5:28am and by program time he was beyond exhausted. He was doing his thing - yawning here and there. Here is a picture of the kids before it started. I don't have any pictures of him singing because I recorded it with the camcorder. He wouldn't look at me for a picture as shocking as that must be for everyone by now. When the program was over, the kids were free to leave. We got out to the van and I asked Natey if he was tired. When he said he was, I told him it was because he got up too early. He told me that I woke up him up too early. I assure you it wasn't ME that woke him up.

I looked out just before I went to bed last night and this is what I saw.That's right people - that's snow. It was really windy out and just all and all crappy. It didn't amount to much, but there is still some on the ground right now (noon). When I told Natey to look out the window, he said "We should put our snow tree up today!". Hmm - a snow tree? I asked him what a snow tree was and he said "You know, it's that thing you put presents around". I told him that we don't put the Christmas tree up until after Thanksgiving. He wasn't all too happy about that.

No comments: