Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Probably not mother of the year

Today Claire had a well baby check. After getting 10 hours of sleep last night, I was well rested and ready for anything. Her appointment was at 9:15. She and I were in the waiting room waiting to get called back when the nurse came out and said "Claire Meyer". Claire Meyer promptly said "WHAT?". L*O*L!!!! It was so funny to me. Nobody was around us and the nurse was too far away to hear her, but I sure enjoyed it.

Turns out Claire didn't like the nurse. She did, however, like Dr. Henry. She weighs 24.5 pounds and is 31 inches tall. She's in the 50th percentile for weight and just under for height. We've allowed her to still have a bottle in the morning and one at night, but Dr. Henry said it was time to give that up. I told him that I really didn't think it mattered to her one way or another and would take it away tonight. He also said to make sure to brush her teeth, which we also started tonight. She didn't seem to mind either thing.

He poked and prodded, looked in her throat, looked in her left ear, looked in her right ear, looked in her right ear, looked in her nose, looked in her right ear (you read that right). Finally I said "What's up?" He looked at me and I said "Don't tell me she has an ear infection." He said "Yes, she does." DANG IT! There goes my mother of the year award! He asked me how long she'd been snotty like that. I should have told him it was none of his business :), but instead I told the truth - 2 weeks. I told him that she'd gotten better and he said that it's for sure an ear infection. Darn it!!!

I don't know if you remember me talking about the liquid gold back in August when Claire had double ear infection, but he prescribed it for her again. It didn't dawn on me until I was almost all the way out of Sioux Falls that that's the medication that was so expensive. So I called Justin to see if he remembered. He also thought it was. GREAT! I called the pharmacy to see if they could tell me what would be cheaper and he said there was no generic for that drug and to call the doctor back and just let them know what the deal was. I did and they got her something else. Justin went and picked it up and it was almost $50. COME ON! I mean, it was better than $100, but even less would have been great. Hopefully she'll be on the mend soon and I can forgive myself for not knowing that she was still sick - two weeks later. OH - I almost forgot to add that Claire got 4 shots from the nurse that she didn't like - she didn't like the shots either.

Natey was VERY sad that he didn't get to go to the doctor with us. He would be the president of the Dr. Henry fan club if it existed. I promised him that he and I would spend some special time together later in the afternoon since he didn't get to go. I told him that we'd make Halloween cookies. He wanted to make it out of the color dough that we had which was fine. I had to take a picture so you all would understand this next story.

Ok, so Natey made this cat along with some other cut-outs. As you can see there is still a piece in the middle that would be extra. I pulled the cat up and put it on the baking sheet. Natey goes "I'll get his weenie." (Gasp!) I tried to explain that it wasn't the cats weenie, but he wouldn't have it. He KNEW it was - it was between it's legs, afterall. Holy smokes. I wanted to laugh at him but at the same time didn't want to make a big deal out of it, so I just assured him that it wasn't a weenie and left it at that. Lordy!

So that was our day in a nutshell. I told Natey that he could sleep with me tonight and he's determined to stay up as late as I do so I better get to bed. It's not like I'm not tired anyway. :)

3 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

I'm rolling. I have a comment that I'm not going to post on here so I'll email it to you.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Only your child! :o) I'm LOL, and might have had an accident...

Tracy said...

It HAS TO BE the boy's age that things like that are more previlant. Is that a word? Anyway, that is absolutely HILARIOUS!

Thanks for sharing!