Monday, October 30, 2006

Standard time stinks!!!

Here we go again. We moved our clocks back an hour before we went to bed Sunday morning in order to go back to standard time. Why do we have to do this? I know MANY people who get the 'winter blues' and a lot of it is because of the lack of sunshine when we like it - in the evening. Right now it's 6:45am and already light outside. Who needs this? I would much rather have it stay light later than get light earlier. I'm sure there are many people that would want it the other way around, but this isn't their blog. :)

I'm very tired today - which might explain my little rant. Natey and I made cookies last night before I went to bed. I wanted to have them done so he could take them to school and daycare today. I frosted them and he put the sprinkles on. We had a good time. When I went to bed, Justin was getting ready to take Claire to bed. He and Nathan were going to hang out and watch the Cowboys play. I went to bed and just got to sleep when I heard yelling and commotion. I sprang out of bed to find out what the heck was going on. When I got to the living room, I saw Justin looking like the cat that ate the canary on the couch and Natey trying to tell me about....something - I wasn't sure what. Justin apologized and I realized that I was just woke up due to a play that the Cowboys either DID make or SHOULD HAVE made. I obviously wasn't a happy camper.

I went back to bed and started having muscle spasms. I laid there for 30 minutes and had enough. I got up and Nathan turned into the biggest suck up you ever did see. He asked why I was up and I told him it was because I couldn't get back to sleep. He said "Was it because we were yelling?" I told him it was. He said "Did you hear me yelling?" I hadn't, actually, so I told him no. He said "That's because it wasn't me - it was my dad." Nothing like throwing your football buddy under the bus. LOL!

SO, I decided to do some jigsaw puzzles on the Internet in hopes that I'd get tired. Natey decided he wanted to sit by me (suck up). lol He told me how great I was doing at the puzzle about a dozen times. He and I both had one of those freezer pop things for a snack. He said "This is BEAUTIFUL!" I'm not sure why the freezer pop was beautiful, but to Natey it was. I'm pretty sure it's a case of screwed up word association. Finally after doing a few puzzles I was finally tired again and thought I'd try it again. I got about an hour and a half of sleep which just isn't enough.

I have another doctors appointment at 1:15 again today. I'll make sure to update on that later today or tomorrow. Justin is taking Nathan to the high school play off football game tonight. Natey is SO excited and I'm excited FOR him. He had so much fun at the last game he went to I know he'll enjoy himself. However, the weather isn't going to be great, but I think he'll still find a way to have fun.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

My darling Ker,

Thank goodness you will be having this baby soon and you won't have to do those Sunday night shifts for awhile. I know the little one will keep you up but at least you'll be home and can hopefully get rest when you want! :)

Hang in there!