Friday, October 06, 2006

Dead on a stick indeed

Yesterday was rough. I worked midnight to 8 after getting about 3 hours of sleep. I kept waking up during those 3 hours, so it wasn't the best 3 hours I'd ever had.

I was doing well until about 6:00am - and then I hit the wall. I was very tried then. I came home and was greeted by Nathan and Justin. Natey wanted me, as usual, to hang out with him for a bit before I went to bed. I didn't last long. I ate a bowl of cereal and I was done. I woke up around noon to go to the bathroom and then got back up at about 2.

Last night I had a date with my friends; Linda, Barb and Julie. Linda will be celebrating her 40th birthday on Monday (well, she'll be having it at least) :), so we all went out for supper. We had a very nice time. Supper was really good. I had broiled shrimp on a bed of wild rice. It was very good. I didn't get home until 10:30! HOLY CAT SMOKES! I was VERY tired, but it was obviously worth it.

When I got home Natey was still up. I went and laid with him for a bit in his bed. He told me about a movie he watched with the sitter and also that his name was on the sidewalk outside. I told him that I'd seen his name in which he replied "Yeah, but you probably didn't know it was my name." Uh, I was pretty sure it was his name, but what do I know, right? :) Why argue? It's just not worth it.

Today Natey is going to the fire department with his preschool. He's pretty excited about it. He wants to slide down the pole. Justin and I have told him that there isn't a pole, but he's sure there is. I'm sure he'll be disappointed when he gets there only to learn that his parents were right.

He also got his shots for kindergarten today. Justin said he did very well. He had to get 3 of them and didn't even cry. I was beyond happy that Justin took him. I wouldn't be very good at that. I knew I couldn't hold him due to my HUGE belly, so I was grateful that Justin did that. He told Natey that he would take him to coffee with him if he did well with his shots - which he did - so Nathan was happy.

Well, I'm going to go veg out on the couch. I have no ambition to do a single thing today. It's not the best attitude, but it's the only one that suits me today. Have a good weekend.

No comments: