Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Baby update

After getting 2 hours of sleep, I got up, got ready and went to my doctors appointment. I wasn't as tired as I was expecting to be. I did, however, wake up with another headache. I've really had a hard time with them the past few weeks. I had headaches with each pregnancy, but never this bad in my 3rd trimester. I'm having headaches every single day.

I got to my appointment and checked in. Sioux Valley now has valet parking, but I've never used it. I've gotten scolded by Dr. Hassebroek many times for not using it, but for some stupid reason I always think I'll be ok to walk though the parking ramp, to the hospital and then up to my appointment. I really should use the valet.

Anyway, they called me right back and took my blood pressure which was high for me - still a text book normal, but high for me. My pulse was racing too. Natalia, the nurse whom I've become very familiar with, said "Kerrie - what's going on? Your pulse is racing!" I told her about my headache, but I didn't tell her about not using the valet. I figured it would be fine all in due time. :)

They put me in the room to wait for the doctor, but it wasn't much of a wait. Dr. Hassebroek was in before I knew it. I told her about the headaches and (oh yeah - forgot to put this up above) showed her how swollen I was. I told her that I'd worked quite a bit in the past few days and she gave me the 'you're 8 months pregnant - SLOW DOWN' look. I told her I was off until Thursday now, but that I'd be doing the same thing for the next 2 weeks. My swelling is much better today, which I knew it would be. Anyway, I told her I needed help with my headaches because I wake up with them and have them almost all day long. I told her that I'd been under stress at work tying to get someone trained and I thought that might have something to do with it, plus we're about to have our 3rd baby which is quite stressful as well. She told me that she thought I needed a massage and a heat pack. However, she didn't want to be missing anything, so she sent me down to the lab to have blood work done.

She measured my belly (36 cm), listened to the babys heart and I was good to go. I went and had my blood drawn and I was out of there. I ran to Wal-Mart to get a few things and the nurse called. She said my blood work came back normal, so that was good.

I woke up this morning in HORRIBLE pain. I could hardly move because my head hurt so bad. I called the chiropractor and will be seeing him at 3. It's better now, but I must be out of whack. I could push on the back of my neck and feel the throb on my forehead. OUCH! So hopefully that will be taken care of later today.

Natey had school yesterday so he went there while Claire went to Tracy's. Natey then road the bus over after school. He was so excited to play with his buddy Dawson. When I got there to pick them up, Tracy had put pig-tails in Claire's hair. She looked ADORABLE!
Natey wanted to take a picture of Claire and I and here is the result of that. I love that everyone gets to see how cluttered our house is. It's not like it's not true, but nothing I love to show everyone. Oh well. I attempted to take a picture of Natey, but, well, look for yourself............ It looks like he's trying to ward off the papperazi! How do you like his dirty face? He's just got done eating his hamburger from Sonic. YUM!

Anywho, that's how yesterday went. I'm a bit tired today, but I've got things to do - so I better run. Ta Ta For Now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too took pictures of Claire and her pig tails and also tried one of Nathan. I caught him off guard so it turned out okay! It's always a pleasure to have your kids when your daycare is closed! :)

Love,

Trac

Jennie Thompson said...

I LOVE THE PIGGY TAILS!! I cannot wait to be able to do that with V's hair.