Monday, October 23, 2006

Recipe

Here is the 3rd recipe I thought you all should have. This one also came from Taste of Home.

Carrot Potato Casserole

3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese,
divided
3 cups grated peeled uncooked potatoes
1 cup grated carrots
2 tablespoons grated onion

In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add 1/2 cup cheese, stirring until melted. Add the potatoes, carrots and onion.
Transfer to a greased 8 in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for an hour. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. YIELD: 6 servings.
(We had ham with this which Justin cut up and mixed together. It would taste great if you added ham in there.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so very tried right now. It's almost 5am and I'm doing all I can to stay awake at work. I only got 2 hours of sleep before coming to work. I was having such muscle spasms that I couldn't sleep. I also have a huge dry patch on my legs that was hurting and keeping me awake.

I got some pictures from Natey's school website of his program and of him visiting the fire station. Here they are.
Here is one of his program. He's doing the chicken dance. :) Here he's singing "It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring......" This last one is a picture of him and his class at the grocery store. I'm not sure why they went there, but they did and he enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Jennie Thompson said...

Natey is so darn cute!!!