Wednesday, October 11, 2006

"Who won the race?"

Last night, I tried to get everything ready for this morning so that I'd be organized if nothing else. Claire was tired so I put her down about 8:30. She hasn't been sleeping well and has been fighting a cold that she got from Nathan. I Tivo'd the race on Sunday since I knew I wouldn't get to see it. I turned it on just before the kids bath and watched it here and there. After Claire went to bed, Natey wanted me to hang out with him on the couch while he had his snack. I went to the kitchen, got his snack and got myself a glass of tea. The tea wasn't cold so I got the ice out. I banged the bag on the counter to break it up - bang, bang. I heard Nathan say something, but I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or if he was commenting on the race. There were still some pretty big pieces of ice in the bag so I banged it again - bang, bang. This time I heard him from the living room saying "N-G-O!" It took me a couple of seconds to get it, but once I did, it CRACKED me up! I said "Natey, did you just say N-G-O?" He smiled and said "Yes". It was so dang funny.

Finally it was bed time for Nathan. I was so tired I just couldn't wait to go to bed. I was turning things off when Claire got up. She didn't go back to sleep until 1am. I thought I might poke my eyes out with spoons! UGH! I'm not sure what her problem was, but she hasn't slept well for quite some time. As of now, I blame her cold. Anyway, she finally went back to sleep and off to bed I went.

Suddenly at 5:28 I was awakened by Nathan yelling "Mom! Mom!". I answered him and he said "Who won the race?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It's 5:28 in the morning. I told him that I saved it for him to watch for himself. He said, "Oh, ok. Thanks! What are you watching now?" I told him that it was very late and that I was sleeping. He told me that he and his bed were wet. I told him to come down, get a different pull-up, and to get in bed with me.

He crawled in bed with me and asked for me to turn some music on for him. Then he said "I have to ask you something, then I won't talk anymore." I told him to go ahead. I'm not sure what he said, but I must have answered it to his liking. I dozed off and on until my alarm went off at 6:15. Natey couldn't have been happier. He got up with me and watched TV while I got ready. He wanted to know where Mr. Sun was. It was MUCH to early for Mr. Sun and Mrs. Meyer - but whatever!

Anywho, I got to work at 8 on the dot. Natey has a program at school today so I'm getting off work early to go see that. I only wish that I could take a nap after, but no such luck.

No comments: