Friday, October 27, 2006

I smell throw up

Last night Nathan, as usual, was finding every excuse not to go to bed. We told him to brush his teeth and he did his usual. He went to get his toothbrushes and came back for us to choose the one that he should use. It should be known that no matter which one we choose, he already has one in mind that he's going to use and will tell us no until we get it right. Anyway, he wanted me to come move some wash cloth for him so he could brush his teeth. By then Justin's patients had run out and told him to move it himself - after all, it was a wash cloth. So Natey got mad and shut the door to brush his teeth. After spending more time in there than any one person should need to brush their teeth, he came out and Justin lead the way up the stairs. The second Natey opened the door to the bathroom he said "I smell throw up". Well the only thing that you could smell in the house was the pheasant that Justin had in the crock pot. I assumed it was the onion soup and told Natey it was daddy's soup. Natey asked if I could tell that he washed his face. I could tell that his hair line was a bit wet, but had no idea he'd washed his face. He said it again - "I smell throw up". I went to Nathan who was now standing on the stairs to give him a kiss good-night. I got close to him and now I could smell throw up. I realized that the wash cloth that he was supposed to move was the one that he used and was obviously not clean. It smelled exactly like vomit. How gross is that? You know the smell I'm talking about, don't you? It happens to dish rags all the time. I took him back in the bathroom and got a CLEAN wash cloth and REALLY cleaned his face. No more throw up smell. Yuck!

In my 3rd trimester of each pregnancy I've had a HUGE craving for ice. This time seems worse than the other two. I ate a 10 pound bag of ice in 9 days - at work. SERIOUSLY! I mean, there are worse cravings, but this one has been especially hard on my teeth. I noticed that things started to feel a little different when I chewed with the right side of my mouth. I looked last night and I cracked a filling in two places. Wonderful! Do you think that's stopped me? If you said yes, get to know Kerrie Meyer! No, it hasn't stopped me. I just hope it doesn't fall out in 15 days or less.

Last night my friend Char came to do my hair. Natey told me "If it starts to hurt, just let me know and I'll come give you a hug, ok?" Well, it obviously didn't, but he kept reminding me that the invitation was open. Char has a CUTE car and when she came over with it for the first time, Natey and I went out and looked inside it. Well, ever since that night he's wanted to look inside Char's car again. I asked him last night why it was such a big deal and he said because he didn't remember what it looked like in there. The last couple of times that Char was here, he got in trouble and then didn't get to see the inside. Anyway, last night he was VERY good and Char said it was ok for us to look in it. She has a sun-roof and her panel lights are blue, which is very cool. He wanted to take a quick spin in it so she drove us around the block. Natey thought that was AWESOME! He said "Char sure drives fast!" :)

Today one of the officers is going to Nathan's class and talking to them about safety. Natey can not wait! He obviously knows the officer that's coming and already planned some questions to ask him. He said he's going to ask Rob which car he was driving (they all have numbers and Justin usually brings home the 3 car for supper, so I'm not sure what Natey is looking for).

Well, have a good weekend. I don't have any plans other than the usual - work. Ta Ta!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I have to say...I was REALLY wondering where that story was headed. Glad to know it was just a washcloth. But I know the smell...icky!