Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My brother

Did you know that I have a brother? Technically he's my step-brother, but I haven't referred to him as a step in a long, long time. He's just been Matt, my brother. He is married to Shanna and they have 4 boys - yes, all boys. They live in Texas. Today Matt sent me an e-mail saying that their oldest son got the lone touchdown at one of their games. He's in the 8th grade. I'd like to know how on earth that happened? EIGHTH grade? Come on people!

Time is allowed to pass for me, but not for others. I mean, somehow I turned 32 in August and really I'm not sure how even that happened. I swear it was just the other day when I turned 30. Time flies, but there is no measure of time when you have children. It just goes so quickly.

Today I bought tickets for Nathan and I to see Disney on Ice. We'll go to the December 9th show at 3pm. That's my cousin's (Holly) birthday. I noticed last night that the pre-sale started today - which I didn't know they were having. I searched the net last night to try to find the passcode so that I could get good tickets, but didn't come up with anything.

I got on the computer at about 9:30 this morning to once again see if I could find it. I saw that some of the other Disney shows used a word in their title for the passcode - which is pretty normal actually. I couldn't find a passcode so I thought I'd just try Magic. That didn't work. I tried almost every character I could think of. Then I went to one of the sites I went to last night and there it was (enter sounds of angles singing here). The passcode was ZXA. Are you kidding me? What kind of a passcode is that? A secure one - that WORKED!!! I was so jacked. I could hardly stand myself I was so excited. They don't have a listed seating schedule out as of now, so I called the Arena box office to see if they could be of any help. She said that Sec-T row 3 would be great seats. She said that row 3 is actually the first row in the section because in front of that is the handicapped accessible......something. I asked what was in front of that and she said "The ice". That can't possibly be right. I didn't buy the most expensive tickets which would lead me to believe there are better seats out there, but that we got some pretty darn good seats. I haven't told Nathan that we're going, so don't mention it to him. That's a LONG way to wait and it will be a special surprise when the time comes.

I'll close with a funny Nathan story. Yesterday he wanted to play with some bubbles in the house. I'm not a HUGE fan of that, but they play with them on the wood floor which is simple enough to clean up. So I gave him the go ahead and he and Claire were well on their way to a good time. He came in the kitchen and told me that he needed a rag to wipe up the bubbles that had popped so that Claire wouldn't slip and fall. I gave him the towel and after wiping the mess he said "Mom! After I wiped the floor - it was DRY! That towel is a GENIUS!"

4 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

I want to know where Nathan comes up with these comments and random thoughts. He's SOO funny!

Kerrie said...

I know. He makes me laugh!

nicole said...

How in the WORLD is it possible that Matt has a son in the 8th GRADE????????????? I don't believe it...I'm in denial...so there!

Kerrie said...

Oh thank goodness! I thought I was the only one. :)