Saturday, October 14, 2006

He's home! He's home!

Justin made it home last night. It was so great to see him. Poor guy was just beat though. He drove 10 hours to get home to us. Natey and I cleaned up the living room so that Justin wouldn't have to do it today. I wanted to clean the kitchen, but after baths for the kids and taking them to their bedrooms one at a time, I started to have contractions. I was done - wiped out.

I didn't work yesterday. Pam took the day off, so I switched my schedule so that I could stay home with the kids. We met Tracy, her kids, and her mother at McDonald's for lunch. After eating and playing, Nathan went to their house to play for a while longer. Claire and I went home and took a nap. I didn't think I was tired, but I slept for 2 hours. I must have needed it. Tracy called later to see if Nathan could stay and have pizza with them. He instructed her to say please. :) I finally went to get him at 7. He still wasn't ready to come home, but finally did without much complaining.

Tracy always does nice things like that for me - keep my kids (or at least one). She told me yesterday that I looked tired and obviously knew that I'd had the kids by myself this week and thought I needed a break. Peach woke up from her nap in a horrible mood. I don't know what on earth was wrong with her. She was mad at the world though. When I called Tracy to see what time I should pick up Natey, I asked her if this was by chance an exchange program. :) I'm sure it would have been had I been serious - she's good like that.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from a friend. It was one of those survey kind of things. This one was a bit different. One of the questions was "Who is your loudest friend". I was shocked to see my name as her answer. Loudest? How on earth did I manage that title? Opinionated - yes indeed, but loud? I guess I better take a better look at myself. I don't want to be ANYONE'S loudest friend. Really - loud???

I was so excited to make Justin breakfast this morning for a welcome home type thing. I found this recipe in a 'Taste of Home' magazine that my sister gave me. I called home to see how it was and Natey told me "Well, it wasn't good". You never know with Natey, so I talked to Justin and, well, it wasn't good. CRAP! At least I tried I guess, but I really thought it was going to be good. Oh well - better luck next time I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know, when I got to that loudest friends question...I thought to myself "what the hell?". The reason you came to mind was b/c you're never at a loss for words. You always have something great to say, no matter what. Maybe I should have changed that question to "who is your most talkative friend?"!!

Kerrie said...

I could live with talkative.

Anonymous said...

I am always here for ya girlfriend...even if it is to trade children...or give them away for a brief amount of time even though you may not WANT too. :)

Love ya,

Trac