Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy 4th Birthday EVIE!!!!

Today is my niece's 4th birthday!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVIE!!

I enjoy calling her Eddie, actually. That's what Nathan used to call her when he was learning to talk. I don't say it to her because I'm sure it would confuse her, but I do refer to her as Eddie when I'm talking to Shannon.

I told Nathan last night that it was going to be Evie's birthday today. He was SO excited that there might be a "celebration". I think his exact words were "Are we going to have a celebration?" Some people call them birthday parties - but whatever. ;)

Natey was also very glad that she was finally as old as he was. I think this is the first time that he realized that she's a bit younger than him and he never seemed to know that. Yesterday he said "She's finally as old as I am!!!" It was a big deal to him - or it seemed to be.

Today is my 8th day working in a row. It doesn't seem like it for some reason. I thought I'd be dead on a stick, but I'm not. I work until 4 today and then have to come back at midnight which might not be that fun. I might be dead on a stick tomorrow. :)

My friend Jennie has a nephew who's also having his 4th birthday today. She and I enjoy having each other around if for nothing else to keep up with Evie and Bailey's birthday. So Happy Birthday to you too Bailey!

Yesterday the kids enjoyed a beautiful afternoon outside. It was so nice they were in shorts. Natey rode Lightening until the battery died and Claire chased him. Then he got out his big wheel and she chased him in that too. He rides up the sidewalk and turns around which makes her squeal with joy. He comes roaring down the sidewalk and at the last minute goes in the grass to avoid hitting her. It gives me a heart attack, but Claire can't get enough of it. I hope they enjoyed it. We all know those warm days are numbered.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday mention for Eddie :o). I'll be sure to pass it along. There's still more celebrating to come..of course you know that you guys will be here this weekend, then next weekend the Grandparents come and I think we'll invite a few friends to go swimming at the hotel. I'll report my sanity after the 14th. :)

Kerrie said...

Thank God you didn't suggest that I go floating...er - swimming with you guys! See you Sunday!

Jennie Thompson said...

Happy Bday Evie!! Ker, thanks for wishing B a Happy Bday too! You're the best!

Nicole said...

Happy (late) birthday sweet girl! Holy cow! I can't believe she's four. And could she look more like Shannon?!?!? She's beautiful!