Monday, October 16, 2006

Have I lost it?

It's a rhetorical question - no need to respond.

Tonight was my first intentional turn around shift. I worked Sunday from 8am to 4pm and then came back to work at midnight and will work until 8am. That part, however, isn't the part which proves that I've lost it. For the next 3 weeks, I scheduled my doctor appointments at 1:15 on Monday afternoon. That means I get off work at 8am and have to be on the road to Sioux Falls by 12:15. THAT'S the part that proves that I've lost it. It's only for 3 weeks though, right?

I'm also an obvious candidate for Mother of the year. I've introduced my child to the candy Pop Rocks at the ripe old age of 18 months. That's right! She loves them. She cracks me up. I put them in her mouth and she just stood there with her mouth open listening to them crackle. Then last night (Saturday night) I was sleeping and remember hearing something and tried to figure out what it was, but I couldn't wake up enough. I realized when I was in the shower Sunday morning that it was Claire coughing. NICE! I remember thinking that I didn't know what it was, but that I wanted it to stop. Great mothering skills!

Can you believe this baby is being born in 25 days? Today I was sure he was going to tear his way out of my stomach. He moves so differently than the other two did. When Nathan moved (at least this late in my pregnancy) my whole stomach would shift. Claire wasn't much of a mover. This baby doesn't move much either, but when he does BEWARE! I swear he's going to poke a foot, hand, or something out of my skin. It hurts! I realize there isn't much room in there for him - but sheesh!

Yesterday Nathan asked me if we could name the baby Thomas Lincoln. I asked where he heard that name. He said it's one of the babies names at Pam's house. I told him that I didn't want to name the baby that and he was very disappointed. Poor little guy. I'm afraid this baby is going to be 'boy Meyer', but Justin and I just don't agree on names. EEEKKK!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally think you have lost it because of your work schedule but what do I know?!? Hee hee!!! Just think 25 days and you won't get any sleep but for other reasons besides work! :)

Take care,

Trac

Anonymous said...

Hi PAL! Long time, no see! I've been keeping up with you in your blogging, though. Natey is SO funny and sounds like Claire is quickly catching his humor. If "Thomas Lincoln" is anything like his siblings, you're house will be a hoot in no time! I hope things at work settle down soon - you are a crazy lady working like that when your SOO pregnant! You should be taking it easy and letting Justin try out new breakfast recipes for you!

Anyway - I just wanted to say "hi"... I've been thinking about you and your family alot lately - anticipating your baby's arrival. Maybe you could name him Chuck? :) I like that name.

Love ya - Char